Hi this is my first build and wanted to know how good u think it is for gaming thanks!http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBun

Red8

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013
PC build for gaming
What would u say its quality is for Arma 2 and 3, bf3, bf4 etc.
Evaluate it's quality
Hi just got my first build and wanted to know what u thinks cause I'm new to this stuff I wanna use it for fps and online gaming and wanted know what u guys think. All I need now is the CPU coolant paste, disc drive, os, and anti virus but those are easy to get. It's a combo new egg. I don't know if ill be ocing the CPU yet.
All help is appreciated!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1705016

Update: also is there anything else I should get that u guys would suggest and what os should i use or I I should use Linux os that it comes with and if I would need additional fans. Thanks for all the help I really do appreciate it I'm just kinda nervous it's my first build.

Solution
That bundle is actually relatively close to my system, except I have 16 GB of RAM and a 270x. I'm going to agree with legend and say it should be able to run things on medium to medium high without a lot of trouble.

You don't have to worry about thermal compound if you're going to use the stock cooler, since it's included or pre-applied, I can't remember 100%, but go ahead and get some if you're going with an aftermarket cooler for the CPU.

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
That bundle is actually relatively close to my system, except I have 16 GB of RAM and a 270x. I'm going to agree with legend and say it should be able to run things on medium to medium high without a lot of trouble.

You don't have to worry about thermal compound if you're going to use the stock cooler, since it's included or pre-applied, I can't remember 100%, but go ahead and get some if you're going with an aftermarket cooler for the CPU.

Solution

Red8

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013

I hate to ask but also is there anything else I should get that u would suggest to make it a better rig and what os should i use or I I should use Linux os that it comes with and if I would need additional fans. Thanks for all the help I really do appreciate it I'm just kinda nervous it's my first build.

Patrick Guenter

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

your gpu will be the bottleneck - if u get anything better it will improve your performance drastically