[SOLVED] hi trying to build a streaming pc

Jul 16, 2020
was wondering a i9 10900 and rtx 2070 super good with a 650w psu and would this be good for 1080p streaming?

Solution
This is a second system that you are primarily using for streaming from the other system? Then I'd say it's overkill. Streaming/recording by itself is not terribly difficult. A laptop can stream if you have the correct inputs. You might also consider a dedicated streaming card/device. Which should be more than capable and offer significant cost savings over buying a whole new system.

You might be able to find a second hand system like a refurbished dell office PC that would be capable of handling the stream for a pretty reasonable price. You might have to add a GPU to help with encoding but even then you could probably put something together for a few hundred dollars.
hi the truth is idk much about amd all ik is intel so im kind of scared of amd tbh with you
The Ryzen 3000 series CPUs are very highly regarded. On the chipset side the AMD chipsets are also a bit more advanced due to Ryzen 3000 supporting PCIe 4. In terms of absolute gaming performance the Intel 10th Gen 10900K is the fastest. However, it achieves this by basically going unlimited on power draw. In gaming at 1080p with a 2080Ti the 10900K is 5-10% faster than the Ryzen 3700X but uses 2x the power and requires a $100+ cooler. Even the non K 10900 will need a cooler in the $100 range. Basically all of those savings could be put towards a faster GPU, better monitor, etc..

Jul 16, 2020
hmmm ok but say will it run on a 650 watt power and say i get a k series like how more power would it use and is it already overclocked or like hmm how does that work?

This is a second system that you are primarily using for streaming from the other system? Then I'd say it's overkill. Streaming/recording by itself is not terribly difficult. A laptop can stream if you have the correct inputs. You might also consider a dedicated streaming card/device. Which should be more than capable and offer significant cost savings over buying a whole new system.

You might be able to find a second hand system like a refurbished dell office PC that would be capable of handling the stream for a pretty reasonable price. You might have to add a GPU to help with encoding but even then you could probably put something together for a few hundred dollars.

Solution