[SOLVED] HI

Solution
Unfortunately I have a Laptop and model is Inspiron N4050. If that is the case can you give me a recommendation on what type of processor should be used for gaming for this model

Your CPU is socketed and can be swapped, but your I5 2450M would be the best you can do on that laptop. No meaningful upgrades past that.

Also your GPU is soldered to the motherboard and you WON'T be able to change it.

There's really nothing meaningful that would give you better performance on that laptop.

If you want to play newer titles buying a newer gaming laptop or building a gaming system would be your best bet.

Pickachu

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
Unfortunately I have a Laptop and model is Inspiron N4050. If that is the case can you give me a recommendation on what type of processor should be used for gaming for this model
What kind of games are you willing to play?
Its Sandy bridge cpu, very old(the options that you have for upgrade the cpu will not give you any differences at all on this laptop because your model of cpu is the best you can get).
If you want to play really heavy games my suggestion will be buying new pc...

Last edited:

Your CPU is socketed and can be swapped, but your I5 2450M would be the best you can do on that laptop. No meaningful upgrades past that.

Also your GPU is soldered to the motherboard and you WON'T be able to change it.

There's really nothing meaningful that would give you better performance on that laptop.

If you want to play newer titles buying a newer gaming laptop or building a gaming system would be your best bet.

Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

Yes what the guru above said. Also Sandy Bridge and Im guessing it has a HDD in it since at that time SSD were barely on the market. You can Minecraft and even play games but were talking 720p resolution and lowest settings in game. I agree with ChumP you should save money and buy a nice budget but powerful rig that laptop I hate to say is not very good lol. Were talking 10 year old technology ya know and plus with a HDD that thing is suffering like a dog. If your ready to build a PC let us know and well guide you and also tell us your budget and your needs, like what resolution you want to play at and what desktop apps you use etc.👶🎗💯👽🤷‍♀️