dahalramprasad

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
hello,
My computer get automatically hibernate. Sometimes it get hibernate after an hour of using and sometimes within a minute. I thought this problem might be due to viruses and I did scan my computer and there is no more viruses now but still the problem of auto hibernation remains. Is there any solution to this problem??

digitalprospecter

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Is your computer running an ATI video adapter by any chance? Try installing the latest drivers for your video adapter as some Dell models appearantly experience this problem due to Catalyst Drivers.

You also state 'no more viruses now', so I would recommend a followup scan using MalwareBytes. Try this:

Restart your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking Support'.
(To do this: Power on your computer and start tapping the F8 key at the top of your keyboard rapidly until the Windows Start Menu appears. Then select the Safe Mode with Networking Support menu option and press the Enter key)

Open your web browser and go to www.malwarebytes.org

Download their free malwarebytes program from their main page

Install the program on your computer and run it.

Update the Malwarebytes program and do a full scan.
(You may be asked to restart. Do so, but use F8 key to return to Safe Mode)

Let us know the results of the scan and whether or not any symptoms persist and we will troubleshoot deeper.

Cheers!

dahalramprasad

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Hello Sir,
I did follow your recommendation and full scanned my computer using MalwareBytes ( after updating ) but it did not found any malicious item. I am using HP computer with vista as OS. I also full scanned my computer using Norton Internet Security and RemoveIT Pro and they also gave the same result of being free from viruses. But the problem remains as it is. Is there any other idea of getting rid out of it. And i did not know about ATI video adapter, how could i be sure if this is running or not?, and if this is running by any chance, how could i stop it?. From where could i get the latest drivers for the video adapter?. And how could I be sure that my video adapters are malfunctioning?