[SOLVED] HIbernation Windows 10

This might be a strange question, but here goes.

With Hibernation disabled, turning on the computer from a shut down state takes around 22 seconds including BIOS.

With Hibernation enabled, turning on the computer from a shut down state takes around 12 seconds including BIOS.

The question is, HOW is hibernation speeding up the boot process if I am NOT hibernating the computer? Does this mean it is always using the disk space to give a 10 second boot increase?

System Storage: 12.1 GB
Hibernation File: 12.7 GB

Solution
When hibernation is enabled, the computer is NOT actually shutting down like you think it is. It is simply shutting down all non-essential power and loading as you say essentials from non-volatile storage.

Hibernation and fast startup have generally always caused more problems than they've solved, and sorry Microshaft, but when I shut down my computer, I want it to actually BE shut down and not use any resources for saving me a whole ten seconds of my life, if that, when it actually works.

I disable hibernation/fast startup and hybrid sleep on every system I configure or build after installing the OS.

If hibernation is enabled, it IS using it, whether you manually choose to do so or not.
When hibernation is enabled, the computer is NOT actually shutting down like you think it is. It is simply shutting down all non-essential power and loading as you say essentials from non-volatile storage.

Hibernation and fast startup have generally always caused more problems than they've solved, and sorry Microshaft, but when I shut down my computer, I want it to actually BE shut down and not use any resources for saving me a whole ten seconds of my life, if that, when it actually works.

I disable hibernation/fast startup and hybrid sleep on every system I configure or build after installing the OS.

If hibernation is enabled, it IS using it, whether you manually choose to do so or not.

Solution