hidden available network

Nov 3, 2018
HP business notebook with windows 10 x64 pro. when i click the network icon in the task bar by the clock the list of available networks is displayed. there is my satellite network that i use to get to the internet but at some point it started listing a second network with the name hidden network. if i right click it it does not give me a properties menu as my regular network does. i can uncheck the connect automatically setting but it is checked again next time i click the networks icon. it does not show up in network sharing center nor under any part of the settings menu for networks. it will allow me to try to connect to it by asking for the passphrase. i know it is not my neighbor because if conditions are just right his will show up with his name on it. i live out in the country and he is the only one close enough to show up. also if it is not a network somehow associated to me or my laptop why does it keep the connect automatically box checked. when i can see my neighbors his does not have that box checked. i have asked microsoft about it if it was theirs they deny it saying it is someone around me. i have asked my isp about it all they would say is that it was not them. if i go to a hotel and use their wifi it still shows up on my laptop so i tend to believe my isp since it is still listed if i use someone elses service. since it does not show up in setting as a known network i can not tell my laptop to forget that network. any ideas as to where this is coming from ? all windows 10 updates have been run and installed.

Nov 3, 2018
yes it is still there also i guess you missed the part where i said if i take this laptop to a hotel it is still in the list. so i am not sure what you thought unplugging the router would do as it shows up when i am not using my router. though since i can not view the properties of it maybe it is a different hidden network that does not show its properties.