Question Hidden Crypto Miner?

sebastianredwood

Reputable
Mar 12, 2018
I’m just wondering if this is connected to a hidden crypto miner using my computer but sending the profits to another person.

I first found a service in my registry that looked sketchy so i followed the directory it showed it was in and it lead to

Program Files > WindowsApps > microsoft.ui.xaml.2.0_2.1810.18004.0_x86_8wekyb3d8bbwe and then in a AppxManifest.xml

I opened the .xml with text document and I saw some things about block hash’s and what looks like some sort of crypto wallet address but i’m not even sure.

could be nothing but i also followed some of the urls in the .xml document and it brings me to a “microsoft” website that is “removed, name changed, or temporarily unavailable”.

View: https://youtu.be/PhK7UvwxytE

I’m not sure if i should delete it or how to delete it for good

Jun 16, 2021
Internet pirates use our processors for mining when we're on the website. You can download some files online, and then with that files, you can download some special software that will mine incognito cryptocurrency on your personal computer. They are using your computer's resources and getting the crypto with the help of bitcoin tumbler, so they stay anonymous, and no one can follow their transaction. You can understand if someone is using your PC for such a purpose in different ways. Usually, the PC starts glitching a lot when it is opening.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY