[SOLVED] Hidden hack to install more fans?

Oct 2, 2020
My case has only ONE fan installed. I want to I stall more but I have no more spots to install one. Is there some technique that I don't know where you can have more ventilation without more fan spots?

Solution
Looking at how that case is designed, I would suggest swapping the case for one with much better airflow and fan options.

Otherwise, I suppose you could remove the side panel to allow better cooling.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
My case has only ONE fan installed. I want to I stall more but I have no more spots to install one. Is there some technique that I don't know where you can have more ventilation without more fan spots?

Hi @Privvet

Welcome to the forums! :)

If your case does not have any more places to install a fan (which is very odd unless it's a very old case) you may want to consider either buying a new case, opening the side cover to allow passive cooling from the ambient temp of your room or place a large house fan near & thus blowing directly into your case.

Of course don't disconnect any fans you already have installed. If you can't or don't plan on upgrading your case &/or don't want to have a house fan blowing into it, you can apply 2 sided foam tape to one side of a case fan and simply press it to a surface inside your case where it'll fit. Think about airflow before you do. Remember heat rises so think about having a fan sucking the cooler air at the bottom of your case and having fan(s) blowing air out to top.

If you have a small form factor case, that's OK as they make small fans while normal sizes range anywhere from 90mm, 120mm, 140mm & up.

Are you sure your case only has 1 fan mount location? If not sure, please take a pic and post it here for us to look at.

Oct 2, 2020
Most cases have multiple fan mounting locations. What is the make/model of your case? Or, is this a pre-built system like a Dell or HP? Is so, what make/model?
It's a Compucase HEC HX310 Mid Tower with Full Transparent Acrylic Side Panel and USB 3.0. I built it myself. Gigabyte z390 ud Mobo.