[SOLVED] Hidden items

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
If you have a folder with hidden docs and program files in there, and you press ctrl+a and delete everything inside that folder, while not having the "hidden items" checkbox under the view tab enabled, will the hidden files also be deleted with the rest of them?

Solution
No, you shouldn't delete them too unless you delete the whole folder, BUT, unless you are a fool you shouldn't be deleting anything inside folders where there are "hidden" files.

"Hidden" generally means "System" and unless you fully know what you are doing (Which if you did you wouldn't be asking this question) you shouldn't be deleting anything containing system files.
No, you shouldn't delete them too unless you delete the whole folder, BUT, unless you are a fool you shouldn't be deleting anything inside folders where there are "hidden" files.

"Hidden" generally means "System" and unless you fully know what you are doing (Which if you did you wouldn't be asking this question) you shouldn't be deleting anything containing system files.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution

Ralston18

Titan
FYI

How to delete hidden files.

And, just in case....

Recovery

However before doing anything with real folders and files , create a test folder with test files (hidden and otherwise) to specifically test or otherwise experiment on as necessary.

Doing so will 1) help you understand what has to be done and 2) ensure that things "work" as expected with respect to your folders and files.

Not sure they were asking how to delete the hidden files. Pretty sure they were asking if they delete everything else in the folder by selecting ALL, if the hidden files would be deleted too. But I guess I might have missed the point of the question since it's wasn't particularly clear WHY they were asking it. Shedding some light on that might help to get a more accurate answer.

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Not sure they were asking how to delete the hidden files. Pretty sure they were asking if they delete everything else in the folder by selecting ALL, if the hidden files would be deleted too. But I guess I might have missed the point of the question since it's wasn't particularly clear WHY they were asking it. Shedding some light on that might help to get a more accurate answer.
That is the correct point. I wasn't asking how. I was simply intrigued to know whether hidden files are deleted if one does not have "hidden items" enabled and deletes everything inside the folder. Which you answered.