Hidden memory leak adding half a gig to my memory usage every 30-45 mins.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Ive got a memory leak in windows 10 and i have absolutely no idea what the heck it could be. I have 3 startup programs and only use google chrome and steam.

Are there any system repair type things that i can run to try and fix this? Im lost.

Note: Doesnt show up in task manager, couldnt see anything in process explorer either.

Solution
Do you leave Chrome open all the time? Chrome has a tendency to eat up RAM just sitting there. For instance I've got Chrome open with 5 tabs open, Facebook being one tab. I quite often have to close the Facebook tab and re-open it as it get slow to respond. In fact just now, I had 7.9GB available RAM in Task Manager. I closed the Facebook tab and it jumped to 10GB free, then re-opened it and it only dropped to 9.9GB. This is quite common behaviour for Chrome nowadays.

I don't know if this is your issue or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Do you leave Chrome open all the time? Chrome has a tendency to eat up RAM just sitting there. For instance I've got Chrome open with 5 tabs open, Facebook being one tab. I quite often have to close the Facebook tab and re-open it as it get slow to respond. In fact just now, I had 7.9GB available RAM in Task Manager. I closed the Facebook tab and it jumped to 10GB free, then re-opened it and it only dropped to 9.9GB. This is quite common behaviour for Chrome nowadays.

I don't know if this is your issue or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Solution