Hidden phase dagger property?

I hope you won't laugh in my face for querying you about this, when I
was in the blue dragon caves with my high elf weaponsmith wielding a
phase dagger getting shot by millions of lightning bolts I did not
loose a single item throughout the whole cave. I tried wielding
another weapon and lost some herbs on the first bolt that hit me, I
dont know if this was just incredible luck or the phase dagger
protecting my equipment?

Antimatter

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003

BoZo wrote:
> I hope you won't laugh in my face for querying you about this, when I
> was in the blue dragon caves with my high elf weaponsmith wielding a
> phase dagger getting shot by millions of lightning bolts I did not
> loose a single item throughout the whole cave. I tried wielding
> another weapon and lost some herbs on the first bolt that hit me, I
> dont know if this was just incredible luck or the phase dagger
> protecting my equipment?

I had a level 29 gray elven wizard go through wearing the anhk on top
of being lucky and possesing fate smiles and being blessed. I didn't
lose any items either. I might also add that the air temple gave me no
troubles like that as well. Have you been crowned?

I failed miserably to keep a straight face when I read that
on 18 Apr 2005 11:53:17 -0700, BoZo wrote:
> I hope you won't laugh in my face for querying you about this, when I
> was in the blue dragon caves with my high elf weaponsmith wielding a
> phase dagger getting shot by millions of lightning bolts I did not
> loose a single item throughout the whole cave. I tried wielding
> another weapon and lost some herbs on the first bolt that hit me, I
> dont know if this was just incredible luck or the phase dagger
> protecting my equipment?

I tried this with a winning char. Two blessed phase daggers didn't
prevent item loss in the spoily thunderstormy place. When entering the
blue dragon caves, the first blue baby dragon destroyed some more items.

So, no, I don't think phase daggers have that property. Be glad for the
luck you had.

Léon (aka Oliphaunt)
--
"Linux is very fast.
It can do an infinite loop in about 5 seconds."

Antimatter wrote:
> BoZo wrote:
> > I hope you won't laugh in my face for querying you about this, when
> > Iwas in the blue dragon caves with my high elf weaponsmith wielding
> > a phase dagger getting shot by millions of lightning bolts I did
> > not loose a single item throughout the whole cave. I tried wielding
> > another weapon and lost some herbs on the first bolt that hit me, I
> > dont know if this was just incredible luck or the phase dagger
> > protecting my equipment?
>
> I had a level 29 gray elven wizard go through wearing the anhk on top
> of being lucky and possesing fate smiles and being blessed. I didn't
> lose any items either. I might also add that the air temple gave me
> no troubles like that as well. Have you been crowned?

Just last night I was in the Air temple being crowned, ankh, and
intrinsic fates/luck. My items were getting shredded. There is
another factor involved.

"RecRanger" <spamphobia@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Antimatter wrote:
>> BoZo wrote:
>> > I hope you won't laugh in my face for querying you about this, when
>> > Iwas in the blue dragon caves with my high elf weaponsmith wielding
>> > a phase dagger getting shot by millions of lightning bolts I did
>> > not loose a single item throughout the whole cave. I tried wielding
>> > another weapon and lost some herbs on the first bolt that hit me, I
>> > dont know if this was just incredible luck or the phase dagger
>> > protecting my equipment?
>>
>> I had a level 29 gray elven wizard go through wearing the anhk on top
>> of being lucky and possesing fate smiles and being blessed. I didn't
>> lose any items either. I might also add that the air temple gave me
>> no troubles like that as well. Have you been crowned?
>
> Just last night I was in the Air temple being crowned, ankh, and
> intrinsic fates/luck. My items were getting shredded. There is
> another factor involved.

Dexterity and Alertness should provide significant factors in item loss
situations such as the Blue Dragon Caves. The more dexterous and alert you
are, the more lightning bolts you dodge and hence items are destroyed less
often. Id guess DV plays a smaller role in that type of scenario.

Perhaps certain items are more susceptable than others when it comes to item
destruction. Iron items may take a while to be electrocuted away whereas
scrolls may go poof in an instant.

"robert elcome" <rene12308@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<oQo9e.68045$mV1.41920@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> "RecRanger" <spamphobia@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Antimatter wrote:
> >>
> >> I had a level 29 gray elven wizard go through wearing the anhk on top
> >> of being lucky and possesing fate smiles and being blessed. I didn't
> >> lose any items either. I might also add that the air temple gave me
> >> no troubles like that as well. Have you been crowned?
> >
> > Just last night I was in the Air temple being crowned, ankh, and
> > intrinsic fates/luck. My items were getting shredded. There is
> > another factor involved.
> >

> Dexterity and Alertness should provide significant factors in item loss
> situations such as the Blue Dragon Caves. The more dexterous and alert you
> are, the more lightning bolts you dodge and hence items are destroyed less
> often. Id guess DV plays a smaller role in that type of scenario.
>
> Perhaps certain items are more susceptable than others when it comes to item
> destruction. Iron items may take a while to be electrocuted away whereas
> scrolls may go poof in an instant.

It might be the dex, as I had 70 or so at the time.