Higest range access point

Solution
How about describing your situation a bit, long house, two stories, construction materials, surrounding networks (like dorm v. out alone in the country), number and concentrations of users.

The longest range access point could be a 100 meter cable with a cheap router configured as an AP, or could be a pair of Ubiquiti AirGrid APs several miles apart depending on what you are doing.

Most often, at present, the best solution in a typical home where you cannot run Ethernet cable (which is best) is a pair of AV2-1000 powerline adapters to connect the router to the AP and then a cheap router configured as an AP at the distant point.

As stated above, all...

Except a "mesh" system would involve purchasing more than one but that said the cheapest I believe is €99, despite their claims of 600' most reviews state you are lucky to get 150' but I guess you would then just purchase another.

For Mesh, you will need several units.
For normal WLAN, you need the router and several range extenders.
I see no difference on that point of view.
Mesh WLAN system is expensive only because they are new.

WLAN is WLAN, they said 600mbps...that is only several meter from the router and using eye sight distance, no walls, etc.
It does not matter if it is mesh or with extender.

The different between using repeater/range extender and mesh:
https://www.lifewire.com/mesh-network-vs-range-extender-4148022

No, the stated range of the cheapest Ubiquiti Wireless AC mesh system is 600ft, not mbps. You also need to be careful of range extenders as some will halve your bandwidth, wireless is half duplex, so the cheaper extenders will use the same radio to RX and TX. The more expensive ones will use 2 radios to avoid this issue. Mesh is nothing new, Ruckus have had it as a function for 8/9 years but you will need a dedicated controller. A better solution price wise would be powerline adapters and and an AP/re-tasked wireless router. This reduces the total RF as the link between AP is hardwired not radio.

RealBeast

Titan
How about describing your situation a bit, long house, two stories, construction materials, surrounding networks (like dorm v. out alone in the country), number and concentrations of users.

The longest range access point could be a 100 meter cable with a cheap router configured as an AP, or could be a pair of Ubiquiti AirGrid APs several miles apart depending on what you are doing.

Most often, at present, the best solution in a typical home where you cannot run Ethernet cable (which is best) is a pair of AV2-1000 powerline adapters to connect the router to the AP and then a cheap router configured as an AP at the distant point.

As stated above, all consumer radios are set at max power (depending on region) of up to 1 watt. That however means little if your devices can only put out 50-75mW, and therefore cannot maintain the required two way connection. Thus radio placement, interference and other issues are quite important.

Solution
Using repeaters or extender will half your available WLAN bandwidthb ut it is a lot cheaper than the new mesh WLAN.
Mesh is not not a new ruckus but it is a new item for mainstream solution.

PowerLAN is also not an omnipotent solution, for old house with 3 phase. You might encounter problems. There are solutions for those but it will also cause additional costs.

Not strictly true, the power output of the radios is set as a legal requirement, the output and antenna on your host machine is more the deciding factor, 1Watt of power is the same regardless, don't believe the marketing hype.

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

your information is wrong. look for reviews on the internet. this is not a marketing hype. and antennas are part of the design as well , not all have the same Antenna Design , nor the same numbers of Antennas.

Do you actually know what the multiple antennas are for? if you think it is range you need to study a little, there are multiple radios for MIMO not extended range.

Antenas are not about the power but the direction and how the wave is being sent.
Having more antennas do not always be the solution.
There is no omnipotent remedy to solve bad WLAN.

Having such solution is a help on some situation but not a help on some other situation.

By me at home, I tried 1 antenna and more antennas. €30 WLAN router, €200 WLAN router....all in vain...
The solution, which really works, is only having a mix of all available tech (except Mesh...too expensive)
The problem was that my house has multiple floor, thick walls and no real way for normal ethernet cables between floors. WLAN is also bad due to thick walls, etc.
modem --> router (with WLAN + cable for the ground floor) --> PowerLAN to other floors (with WLAN and ethernet cable for each floor)

RealBeast

Titan
samer.forums if you say "look at the reviews" or "google it" one more time in this thread you are getting a temporary ban.

From my perspective you don't appear to understand wireless and keep parroting the same silly thing while the others try to inject real information for the OP to use.

If you want to discuss specific instances of range then provide the others a link showing attenuation over distance by frequency (or a comparable measure), somewhere reliable like SmallNetBuilder not some manufacturer marketing BS.

RealBeast

Titan
Post deleted.

Don't post off topic worthless charts that are not directed to the question. You obviously have no understanding of wireless and the related issues.

I don't care if you find some interesting (to you) chart that doesn't address the question asked, although clearly you don't even understand that.

Stop posting in this thread, as your post have absolutely no value on this topic.

The other posters are attempting to answer the question asked, you are simply a distraction.