[SOLVED] High 2600x cpu temps

May 24, 2020
Help needed

I am using the corsair h100x aio cpu cooler,I have the corsair crystal 280x case with 7 case fans for some pretty great airflow. It stays very cool within the case but with the Speccy application to monitor my cpu and gpu temps,my Gpu and mobo temps are under 45 degrees celsius,but my cpu is all the way in the upper 90's under load or when gaming.I clean my pc regularly and it rests on my desk away from dust and has great airflow.

If anybody out there has any cpu temps for comparison or any ideas for how to lower my cpu temps please respond soon.This has been going on for about a week and a half that I know of(as ive just recently started using the temp monitor)and I have been using the pc for just over a month.

Solution
That's some good ambient temps!
If I were you, I would go into the BIOS and set your pump to 100% full speed and maybe adjust some fan curves as well.
After that, try and see if temps are still high.
Also, I recommend using HWinfo or Ryzen Master to monitor your CPU temps.

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Hey there,
I'm a new PC builder but I think I can help a bit.

Before talking about the temps, is your ambient temperature in your room good?
Has this been a problem before?
Did you adjust fan/pump settings in the BIOS?
Did you make sure your AIO is seated correctly and has good contact with the CPU?
Was there thermal paste pre-applied on the cooler or did you use your own?

May 24, 2020
Hey there,
I'm a new PC builder but I think I can help a bit.

Before talking about the temps, is your ambient temperature in your room good?
Has this been a problem before?
Did you adjust fan/pump settings in the BIOS?
Did you make sure your AIO is seated correctly and has good contact with the CPU?
Was there thermal paste pre-applied on the cooler or did you use your own?
My ambient temps are fairly good and the thermostat is always at 67 F. This problem has only been going on for a weekish that I know of.I havent adjusted any fan settings.I do know that my AIO is seated correctly and well,as I made sure to evenly tighten down the screws but that may be the issue. And i just have corsair thermal paste that I applied:/

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
That's some good ambient temps!
If I were you, I would go into the BIOS and set your pump to 100% full speed and maybe adjust some fan curves as well.
After that, try and see if temps are still high.
Also, I recommend using HWinfo or Ryzen Master to monitor your CPU temps.

Solution