[SOLVED] High Air pressure fans as front case fans in a NZXT H500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindsouza113

Reputable
May 3, 2018
I have purchased 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 High Speed 2000 RPM 120MM fans
https://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/1635
Intend to use them as front case fans in an NZXT H500. The website advertises them as high-pressure fans.
-Does this mean they are static pressure fans?
-Would these be suitable for a case like the NZXT H500 with pretty closed off front?
-Would a high airflow fan be better in this case?

Solution
High static pressure is USUALLY more desirable as an intake fan, or on a radiator or heatsink. Those fans DO have decent static pressure specs, but at that speed, I'd hope so.

By comparison, the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000rpm fans have DOUBLE the static pressure of those BeQuiet fans, at the same RPM, but are 5.4db quieter than the BeQuiet fans. Maybe they should change their name to KindaQuiet. LOL.

Seriously though, since you have the fans already, yes, they will work ok as front intake fans, in pretty much any case.

High airflow fans should be used in instances where there are more exhaust fans than intake, creating a negative pressure situation so that high static pressure is not a necessary component of the intake fans, or when used...
High static pressure is USUALLY more desirable as an intake fan, or on a radiator or heatsink. Those fans DO have decent static pressure specs, but at that speed, I'd hope so.

By comparison, the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000rpm fans have DOUBLE the static pressure of those BeQuiet fans, at the same RPM, but are 5.4db quieter than the BeQuiet fans. Maybe they should change their name to KindaQuiet. LOL.

Seriously though, since you have the fans already, yes, they will work ok as front intake fans, in pretty much any case.

High airflow fans should be used in instances where there are more exhaust fans than intake, creating a negative pressure situation so that high static pressure is not a necessary component of the intake fans, or when used as exhaust fans.

Solution
Jun 11, 2019

High airflow fans should be used in instances where there are more exhaust fans than intake, creating a negative pressure situation so that high static pressure is not a necessary component of the intake fans, or when used as exhaust fans.
Hi there, could you tell me the specification of a decent static pressure fan? Cant seem to find the "minimum standard" on the web. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.