Question High Average Response Time (SSD)

Koushal Saini

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
Hello all,
I am experiencing very weird issue, My SSD which 250GB(around 100gigs is free) and only has a few games installed in it stays at 100% active time even tho when it's doing read or writes at 4kbs. Whenever this happens when games load it freezes the application, when this happens while playing the game it d-syncs the sound of game (Like shooting but not hearing it right away but after a few seconds or not hearing sound at all for a certain period)
I tried to Diagnose this, I monitored Disk Usage in resource monitor but it was all fine, I happen to find that some apps were interfering with game (genshin impact at the time of diagnosing it) I uninstalled all of them but it was still the same after that.
Also when I clean installed Windows10 on PC this bug was not there, it started happening again since 10-15 days.
Image2, Image1 <- Reference of Response Time.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44179965 <- Userbenchmark
While doing benchmark i noticed average response time went up as the benchmark did sub and 4k read/writes.
Someone please help me with this, I dont wanna format again just to experience this again.

Hello all,
I am experiencing very weird issue, My SSD which 250GB(around 100gigs is free) and only has a few games installed in it stays at 100% active time even tho when it's doing read or writes at 4kbs. Whenever this happens when games load it freezes the application, when this happens while playing the game it d-syncs the sound of game (Like shooting but not hearing it right away but after a few seconds or not hearing sound at all for a certain period)
I tried to Diagnose this, I monitored Disk Usage in resource monitor but it was all fine, I happen to find that some apps were interfering with game (genshin impact at the time of diagnosing it) I uninstalled all of them but it was still the same after that.
Also when I clean installed Windows10 on PC this bug was not there, it started happening again since 10-15 days.
Image2, Image1 <- Reference of Response Time.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44179965 <- Userbenchmark
While doing benchmark i noticed average response time went up as the benchmark did sub and 4k read/writes.
Someone please help me with this, I dont wanna format again just to experience this again.
Using rapid mode?
If so turn it off and run UBM again.
If your games are loaded on the OS disk unplug all the other disk and run the games

Koushal Saini

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
Using rapid mode?

No i m not using rapid mode, and i dont even know what it is.

If so turn it off and run UBM again.

while diagnosing I found this which i think is not normal, it s not reading or writing but still its active.

Someone told me Temps might be causing this but its not. I ran a lot of CrystalMark but I never saw that behavior in that.

No i m not using rapid mode, and i dont even know what it is.

while diagnosing I found this which i think is not normal, it s not reading or writing but still its active.

Someone told me Temps might be causing this but its not. I ran a lot of CrystalMark but I never saw that behavior in that.
If you don't know what rapid mode is how do you know your not using it?

Did you unplug all disk except for the OS disk and test your games?

Koushal Saini

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
If you don't know what rapid mode is how do you know your not using it?
I looked on internet it has something to do with the NVMe I have, I'm not using Rapid mode but there is something called Over Provisioning I'm using that one.

Did you unplug all disk except for the OS disk and test your games?
The games are Installed on the Adata SSD and the only game that i have installed on my OSDisk (NVMe) is CSGO which works flawlessly with all the drives plugged in.
===========

I tried a lot of things and I found this article, I checked the same on my pC after that but it was all good, I didn't see any errors there. (at this point i had my game GENSHIN reinstalled).
At the time of doing all the tests I had 100gigs free on my SSD, and so I was prepared to format my PC I took backup of my Drive. Preceding I re-Installed Genshin and tried to load the game it was fixed.

The benchmarks came clean but all the programs that i had installed on my Drive were behaving like that.

How would you explain this this weird behavior? I also ran error checking and diskcheckup on that drive but no files were corrupted and yet I had that issue while I was loading the game. I will try the same on APEX and see if that happens in that game as well or not.

Thanks for Listening Out! <3