High CPU in game some lags and fps drops windows 10 help me fast important

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Hello.
I have some lags in games, i cant play because i have lags and drop fps from 300fps to 100-150fps
I have problem. Because when may end my CPU is higher and i have some lags in games, i cant play because i have lags.
From 300fps drop to 100-150fps in game CS:GO e.t.c
Msi h110m
gtx 970
i7 6700
ram 8gb
Western Digital Caviar Blue, 3.5'', 1TB, SATA/600, 7200RPM, 64MB cache
SSD GoodRam Iridium Pro 240GB
Corsair CX450M 450W
My screen CPU http://imgur.com/a/p1e4Q
Important, because im recording videos on YouTube!
@edit on videos in network same have lags
Regards.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
- GPU or CPU could potentially be overheating - you'd need to monitor temps and % load of the components. Clean the case and heat sinks / fans etc.
- Out of date / conflciting drivers - ensure all of your drivers are up to date
- Could be background processes hogging hardware resource, check if there are any background processes hogging resources
- Could be virus / malware using hardware resource, run scans as appropriate
- NVIDIA Control Panel could be capping the performance of your GPU for power management
- CPU could be capped from power management settings
- Ensure the storage disks have been cleaned / optimised as far as possible and regularly

Edit: Also bare in mind that you are still getting very high FPS and the GTX 970 is becoming increasingly dated. The 1070 is a better match.

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

Ok, i 1day ago try to scan pc malwarebytes, i dont have viruses, how to check my drivers are up to date? Im not from England and some english for me about pc is hard, whats going on with nvidia control panel? and cpu management settings? I dont know about disks, End of may i format my pc, and now i have this problem. You can give me some screenshots how to nvidia control panel e.t.c

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Firstly just bare in mind that Malwarebytes is an antimalware, not necessarily antivirus, what one might catch, the other may not.

As opposed to me giving instructions:

NVIDIA Control Panel: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance

Disk optimisation: Use Disk Cleaner and Disk Defragmentation from start menu (Some would potentially also use 3rd party software like CCleaner)

CPU Power Management will be in your BIOS (so where exactly in it depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard, the motherboard manual should explain more) But effectively you'll have something like "Advanced Bios settings" and you can disable items such as; LimitCPUID, C1, C2 (C States) etc.

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

You do not mean about format my pc again? About disk cleaner and disk defragmentation? Because i have some games and programs I do not want to reinstall them.
Regards. And please reply.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Disk Clean and Defragment does NOT format or remove essential files from your PC, it will not affect windows or your personal files. Disk Cleanup finds junk and (typically) unnecessary system files which can be safely removed, and Defragment effectively consolidates all of your files into an optimised sequenced and pulls together scattered data.

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

Ok, my disc c need to optimalization, i optimalization, but i cant optimalization
Reserved by system windows i dont know why i cant optimalization this

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

It will likely mean its just an operating system partition. is C the only drive you have?
Just optimise the next storage drive available.

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

Only disc c optimalization, but this is not a problem with cpu

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Apologies, the language barrier is making it quite difficult to understand what you mean.

The defragment will have nothing to do with your CPU. If it's not drastically defragmented, just pass it for the time being. It doesn't often cause lag in games, but a poorly kept storage drive certainly can. If you formatted not long ago, i would suspect it wouldn'bt be that bad.

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

But i cant play any game, when i play, my fps drop from 170 in game overwatch to 80 and i have lags 15-30fps... i tell you, i defragment my windows but this is not help me. Reply please

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Have you tried any of the other suggestions?

- GPU or CPU could potentially be overheating - you'd need to monitor temps and % load of the components. Clean the case and heat sinks / fans etc.
- Out of date / conflciting drivers - ensure all of your drivers are up to date
- Could be background processes hogging hardware resource, check if there are any background processes hogging resources
- Could be virus / malware using hardware resource, run scans as appropriate
- NVIDIA Control Panel could be capping the performance of your GPU for power management
- CPU could be capped from power management settings
- Ensure the storage disks have been cleaned / optimised as far as possible and regularly
- Check your CPU, RAM and GPU load / usage during game and when the FPS drops. You may be reaching peak load on a component.

Fluid/constant framerates are also dependent on a rock solid connection to and from a gaming server; alas, no one can be certain of a flawless connection thru the typical 9 hops to your chosen gaming server. The only way to rule out 'the internet' is to see if you are stuttering/lagging on a local LAN game....

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

I check all options, my gpu is not high, only cpu is high

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

I have good network, its not a problem, when i play single game with no connection, same lags and fps drops

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well the CPU load will likely be the reason for the FPS drops. So it may be worth seeing if there are any background resources that are running during that spike. Task Manager or Resource manager (better for analysis but also causes CPU spikes itself)

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

Ok, what to do now?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Personally I won't be able to distinguish what is causing your FPS drops on an idle load screenshot, it may tell us if you have anything continuously running, but if you're saying you're getting spikes specifically, then you'd need to understand what background processes are running when you encounter the spikes. That will tell you if your CPU is hitting 100% load and what processes are contributing to it. Even if it's just task manager for now.

To see what component (if any) are hitting 100% load and causing your FPS drops, follow these instructions and feedback: http://www.overclock.net/t/1229915/how-to-cpu-and-gpu-usage-along-with-fps-in-game

You'll be able to monitor which component is limiting you in that particular circumstance. If it is GPU lag, you will want to bring down your graphical settings, if it is CPU, you will want to double check you have nothing else consuming resources, and if not, you'll require overclocking (which isn't on the 6700).

Again your FPS is still great.

Heeexi

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017

Im format my windows 10 today, windows update, and when i click and open manager, my cpu up to 100% for 1second and down to 40-50%
Look at this, 100% CPU HWInfo64 http://imgur.com/a/W7HWj