[SOLVED] High CPU Temp at Idle.

May 27, 2020
I just upgraded to a new cpu/mobo/ram. Installed everything, my whole pc works fine, except that I noticed my CPU temp is sitting 80-90 at idle.

Now I am using Wraith Stealth cooler which isnt great, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be that high. The cooler comes with pre applied thermal paste and I screwed it in properly.

I have no idea what to do, have I got a faulty cooler, bad thermal paste?

I have taken out the cooler and cpu and wiped the thermal paste off and cleaned up. Not sure what to do from here.

Solution
D
Full specifications please. Chassis? Case fan setup? Is cable management good, any obstructions in front of the fans?

What are you using to monitor temps? Are you using Ryzen Master?

Make sure you mount it properly to the backplate. Place a pea-sized dot of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU, and screw in the cooler to the backplate in a X pattern, alternating between screws to apply pressure evenly so that the paste spreads perfectly on the CPU.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Full specifications please. Chassis? Case fan setup? Is cable management good, any obstructions in front of the fans?

What are you using to monitor temps? Are you using Ryzen Master?

Make sure you mount it properly to the backplate. Place a pea-sized dot of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU, and screw in the cooler to the backplate in a X pattern, alternating between screws to apply pressure evenly so that the paste spreads perfectly on the CPU.

Solution