Question High CPU temp issue

Jan 28, 2023
Can someone please look into my setup and see if there is anything wrong going on here? Because when gaming CPUs temp is going too high.
-CPU : Intel I7-10700F @base 2.9 @turbo up to 4.8
-GPU : GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
-RAM : DDR4 32GB 2666 MHz
-Fans : Liquid cooler on CPU - MSI Coreliquid 240R
3 Fans in front, 2 on top(liquid cooler fans), 1 on back(exhaust).
-Motherboard : ASUS Prime B460M-A

So my CPU was running at turbo speed since build which the CPU temp was okay, or not noticable.

When playing game like Valorant, CPU temp was reaching 99-100*C, which is really bad. So I tried disabling turbo and the CPU temp went low(but the game's FPS went lower obviously).
Then i tried using ThrottleStop to configure CPU's Ghz at some decent level. (around 3.3 - 3.7). Now the CPU running at 70+ celsius. Could someone help me overhere? Games like Valorant won't cause high temp like this right?

I checked bottleneck checking.
Intel Core i7-10700F and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER will work great together on 1920 × 1080 pixels screen resolution for General Tasks.

This configuration has 0.3% of processor bottleneck .

Jan 28, 2023
Hi
Roland,
I mounted the cooler on Top pump is facing front
Heard thats the best way to mount

And i checked the pump by hand
Think air is flowing.
Also i tried lowering the DraM frequency to 2133
And got like 20C temp down for CPU

Jan 28, 2023
Also where should I mount the AIO when I buy new one?
Where should the pump face?

Also could u recommend me some AIO coolers for my specs?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I mounted the cooler on Top pump is facing front
Heard thats the best way to mount
It's situational, as well as depending on your priorities. There is no outright best way.
You've also omitted the important detail of what the case is; it too, affects mounting options.

Also where should I mount the AIO when I buy new one?
Where should the pump face?
There are 3 different pump locations between models currently out there. The location of the pump affects which which radiator positions are ok.
A)Inside the rounded or squared cpu block: Has front, top, or rear* radiator options. Front is fine, as long as the cpu block isn't the highest point of the loop.
[I'd never really suggest a 120mm rear AIO, unless it's Small Form Factor and there's really no other options.]

B)Inside the radiator: Front and rear* only.
C)In-line(tubing): Pretty much the same as A.

Honorable mention to Alphacool's Eisbaers: A bottom radiator mount is an option with them, thanks to the window in the cpu block, allowing the user to monitor the fluid level. It's also refillable/flushable.

The pump shouldn't 'face' anywhere in particular. Are you confusing pumps with radiators?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://imgur.com/a/hmyGEfW

Here is my setup image.

I'm considering to buy 360mm AIO,
My PC case supports 360mm on TOP and FRONT.

Thank you
I can't discern what the case model is from that image. If it's using some closed off, or semi-closed off front panel, I would not suggest a front mount.

Msi MAG and MPG Coreliquids are pump in radiator units - don't top mount them. Air inside the loop will damage the pump. AIO/CLCs are not topped off with fluid, and air settles at the top of a loop.
Msi MEG Coreliquid is pump in cpu block unit.

Jan 28, 2023
Okay, noted,
Thank you,

My case is DARKFLASH, DLX22 which supports 360mm on TOP and FRONT.

Also i just ordered NZXT Kraken X73 RGB,?
How should i mount NZXT Kraken X73?

Best Regards,

Jan 28, 2023
Hi,
im sorry i didnt quite understand that, my english not so good.
Did you mean i should not use AIO?

If not, Where should the radiator’s pump side face on Top?
It should face Front right?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
im sorry i didnt quite understand that, my english not so good.
Did you mean i should not use AIO?
AIOs do best when the radiator is installed against a meshed panel.
The Darkflash DLX22's front panel is practically solid. I recommend not installing a radiator there.
The MAG Coreliquid's radiator shouldn't be installed at the top. The pump is within the radiator, and the friction from air pockets will kill it in due time.

You should either get a different cpu cooler, or a case with a front mesh panel to install the current cpu cooler.