Question High CPU temp at idle ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HardGames323

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
Hello, I got this Asus PC a ~year ago (GA35 G35DX-WB9931 - 90PD02W1-M00H10) with a Ryzen 5900x
I just saw that it runs 65-70 degrees Celsius on Idle (Liquid cooling system) while just watching twitch on 2nd monitor and browsing the internet on the other.. Is it normal?
If I could, I would attach a file from HWMonitor with it's readings.. Thanks in advance!

Ok I have to chime in. Are you looking at the correct column? I see >4.6GHz in the maximum column for core clocks
Really? Where in the ***** do you see that during full stress? Maybe you should sit this one out. "Maximum" does NOT reflect all core full load numbers. Maximum was taken from a single core, or even all cores but at different times. Clearly you are not the best person to offer advice on this since you yourself do not understand what you are trying to offer advice about. It's admirable that you are trying to help, but it's only valuable if you know what you are talking about.

A58SWcu.png

That’s a snapshot of its current load at the time of screenshot

Which is exactly what we are trying to see. "Current load at the time of screenshot" is 100% the point when testing all core thermal compliance or max clocks, and if you don't understand that, then maybe it's best if you sit back and absorb things for a while. Not trying to be a jerk, at all, but it is what it is. There's a reason why there is a distinction between wheat and chafe.

It is always worth trying to reinstall Windows if nothing else seems to be working or improving things. If for no other reason than to be able to say "did that" and not have to consider it as a possibility anymore. And a lot of times, it's the fix. Just be sure to do it correctly.

What version of Windows are you running?

HardGames323

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
It is always worth trying to reinstall Windows if nothing else seems to be working or improving things. If for no other reason than to be able to say "did that" and not have to consider it as a possibility anymore. And a lot of times, it's the fix. Just be sure to do it correctly.

I can't check right now, but AFAIK it's 1908 or 1909 I'm not exactly sure (Windows 10 Pro) I think it showed the version on the Cinebench benchmark

On the benchmark it says build 19045

HardGames323

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021

I did a clean Windows 11 install, same temps for now

HardGames323

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
No, you haven't. Not unless you live in some thug run country. If you are in the US, you need to read and understand about the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act.
I have, I'm from Bulgaria. On the warranty information it says that if you open the panel it gets voided and how they know is - there is a sticker when you slide the panel which breaks..

Right. That's the same everywhere, but the vast majority of countries have consumer protection laws that make it illegal for companies to enforce such restrictions even though they still continue to put them on electronic devices anyhow.

You are in a country that is part of the EU. EU law states that the mandatory two year warranty cannot be voided due to breaking the sticker. Plain fact. Read the section titled

European Union: Stickers Can’t Void a Two-Year Legal Guarantee​

https://www.ifixit.com/News/74736/warranty-void-stickers-are-illegal-in-the-us-what-about-elsewhere

Reactions: HardGames323

HardGames323

Commendable
Aug 15, 2021
I'm confused. I dealed with the cpu temps.. but today I updated bios and it said I had a new processor and all these ftpm, bitlocker things and I pressed Y. After that american megatrends message appeared to set sata to raid and it boots, but my HDD has a "?" Next to it in file Explorer. After changing to AHCI it won't boot. Also after updating the bios I have a red light blinking on my motherboard behind the GPU.

View: https://imgur.com/a/DeGQBBZ