Apr 14, 2022
Hello,

It has been 6 or 7months since my first PC build. Everything was going fine and life was great, until recently my FPS suddenly started to drop whenever I play Warzone.
Usually, FPS would be around 100-120, but recently it has been dropping as low as 50, and averaging about 70-80.

I have just downloaded HW monitor, and when I looked at my CPU temp I was beyond surprised.
My goodness it was high.. I confirmed that my cpu temp has been upto 100 deg celcius when playing warzone. And idle temp around 40-60 max

My GPU temp is 54 deg C when playing games.

After some googling, I came to a conclusion that it could be due to dust accumulation( which I can see a little bit on the fans) or dead AIO.

Or to be honest I have no idea what is causing this spike in CPU TEMP. I did start to notice loud fan noise recently and also high CPU usage when playing warzone.

If anyone can please shed some light on this issue.. that would be super great and helpful..

Thank you so much in advance

EDIT:
I took my AIO off, reapply thermal paste, and installed it in different orientation. And it worked!! CPU temp is now stable around 65-70 C under load.
Thank you all so much for your advice and help. Really appreciate it!

FYI.

My build:
Evolv shift2
RTX 3060 TI
I5 10400f
nzxt m22 AIO

Last edited:
Solution
I have always doubted the orientation of my AIO due to the small size of the case. I will probably have to replace it
Aye, the M22 is a bit different, since the pump is moved from the cpu block to the radiator, thus having different viable mounting options.
AIOs lose fluid over time, but not THAT fast - and you should've noticed a leak by now... so I suspect dirty coolant that's been a common problem with Apaltek-made AIOs.
Kraken M22, MAG & MPG Coreliquid, Fractal Lumen, Enermax Liqtech I & II - all Apaltek. Some prebuilts are using rebranded versions of these.
Apr 14, 2022
There's likely some nasty gunk built up inside the loop that's impeding liquid flow.
Replace the cooler, but not with another Kraken M22, so you don't run into this so early.
There's likely some nasty gunk built up inside the loop that's impeding liquid flow.
Replace the cooler, but not with another Kraken M22, so you don't run into this so early.
Thank you so much for the quick reply.. I have always doubted the orientation of my AIO due to the small size of the case. I will probably have to replace it ..

Apr 14, 2022
Either improperly installed or failing AIO.
Reinstall AIO, reapply thermal paste.
If that doesn't fix it, then replace AIO. I'd suggest choosing a good air cooler instead.
Thank you!! I am going to reinstall AIO and then check if its working. Do you think I will need a mesh panel for the air cooler ? I have Glass panel on my CPU side and mesh panel for GPU side currently.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have always doubted the orientation of my AIO due to the small size of the case. I will probably have to replace it
Aye, the M22 is a bit different, since the pump is moved from the cpu block to the radiator, thus having different viable mounting options.
AIOs lose fluid over time, but not THAT fast - and you should've noticed a leak by now... so I suspect dirty coolant that's been a common problem with Apaltek-made AIOs.
Kraken M22, MAG & MPG Coreliquid, Fractal Lumen, Enermax Liqtech I & II - all Apaltek. Some prebuilts are using rebranded versions of these.

Reactions: HakunaMatata4ever
Solution