Question High CPU temps ?

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Hello guys
I'll try to make it quick...I just wanted to ask if this temperature is fine for longevity and if the cpu isn't throttling due to this high temp..i know im using stock dell cooler but when i turn on my pc and check temps..they are just fine on idle:
32-40°c mostly 38-40s on the cpu when idle
27-32°c on the gpu when idle

But once i start gaming or do almost anything,the cpu temp jumps really quickly and stays on the high temps and never goes back to the idle temp(not even 40s) maybe its because of the heatsink just getting hot and can't cool itself or maybe its because of the airflow/ventilation of the case ?
Well idk and just want quick answers

Also i wanted to ask if i can upgrade to new aftermarket cooler or not ?
I hope I'm clear enough.

PC: Dell Optiplex 9010 MT
Specs:
I7 3770
16GB RAM
RX 570
Note: CPU Temps are 74-79 even not under full load (60-80% usage while playing game)
View: https://i.imgur.com/msjQsi0.jpg

You would probably be limited in options for aftermarket coolers due to the proprietary nature of most OEM systems. You might be able to get something like the Thermalright SI-100 if it's available where you live. Here in the US that's basically the cheapest downdraft cooler available.

If you haven't already done so check the fans to make sure they're all working, the heatsink is clean and potentially pull it off and re-paste the CPU.

The temps aren't terrible and the CPU won't die because of them but they are a bit high.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
You would probably be limited in options for aftermarket coolers due to the proprietary nature of most OEM systems. You might be able to get something like the Thermalright SI-100 if it's available where you live. Here in the US that's basically the cheapest downdraft cooler available.

If you haven't already done so check the fans to make sure they're all working, the heatsink is clean and potentially pull it off and re-paste the CPU.

The temps aren't terrible and the CPU won't die because of them but they are a bit high.
Yes I've changed the thermal paste twice and it more or less still the same
Cleaned with isopropyl alcohol swipes(came with the thermal paste)
Reseated the heatsink tried everything but temp is still high.
My ambient room temperature is about 26°c
So its a bit annoying to get those high temps when even in ac (it was just 2-5 degrees higher without ac).
Please tell me other alternatives of coolers that i can use in this system
Cooler 1:
Cooler 2:
https://www.daraz.pk/products/1st-f...a0e.searchlist.list.7.18581d67K2c7LF&search=1
I've found these two but not sure if they are gonna fit or not
And these are the only available in online market here..not sure about offline but list me few coolers then I'd find them here offline

Last edited:
First of all, do not worry too much about high temperatures under load.
The cpu will monitor it's own temperature and will slow down or even shut off to protect from damage.
That point is around 100c.
You need do nothing.

When remounting the stock cooler, you need to push down on diagonal pairs of pins at the same time, or the cooler will not be seated level and efficiency suffers.

The two coolers listed may well fit, but they are cheap/small coolers that I doubt will do any better.

It looks like you can use any standard lga 1155 cooler.
Look at the height available for a cooler.
The Noctua NH-D9L is 110mm high:

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
First of all, do not worry too much about high temperatures under load.
The cpu will monitor it's own temperature and will slow down or even shut off to protect from damage.
That point is around 100c.
You need do nothing.

When remounting the stock cooler, you need to push down on diagonal pairs of pins at the same time, or the cooler will not be seated level and efficiency suffers.

The two coolers listed may well fit, but they are cheap/small coolers that I doubt will do any better.

It looks like you can use any standard lga 1155 cooler.
Look at the height available for a cooler.
The Noctua NH-D9L is 110mm high:
Thank you ❤️
This nh-d9l seems like It'd fit and I'll see if it is available on the market

Basically what you should be looking for is something with heat pipes. I'm not sure a tower cooler with 120mm fan would fit, but 92mm fan ones may very well.

Did a bit of looking and this is dell proprietary era so you'll need a fan adapter if you get a third party heatsink. I don't believe the backplate being integrated will be a problem as the hole spacing should match Intel's spec.