Question high cpu temperature dell e6540 laptop

Sep 30, 2020
i bought a dell e6540 laptop since 4 months with ci 7 4810 mq processor and amd gpu 8790 2gb ... it was only reaching 78 degree when i run stress test on cpu and cpu speed always stay at 3.9 ghz because of speed boost no throttling no lag no frame drop . but these days my laptop suddenly changed cpu speed decrease untill reach 0.4 ghz and temperature is 97 degree always fps drop after 5 minutes of playing i changed thermal paste and clean my laptop but the same problem i checked the fan speed it was 3800 rpm and checked the heat sink no any problem till now i don't know what i do with my laptop even i used expensive cooling thermal paste arctic mx -4 no any changes any help please where is my laptop problem . im using xtu to stress cpu . i changed too many windows versions and checked my laptop by dell diagnostic hardware but no changes even i changed the power that reach the cpu by windows 10 power management to 50% the cpu work on 2 ghz but after some time temperature reach 85 and fps drop even im below cpu base speed 2.8 ghz ... im sure someone will give a hand here

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
How are you measuring the temperatures? Do you mean i7 4810MQ CPU?
What stress test were you running? How long ago for 78C? What temperature does it get now? Have you blown the dust out of the CPU and GPU coolers? Have you blocked up any of the cooling evnts on the case? Have you run the stress test again lately?
Did you remove all the old thermal paste before applying the mx4?
What games were you playing? What resolution? What game settings?

Sep 30, 2020
How are you measuring the temperatures? Do you mean i7 4810MQ CPU?
What stress test were you running? How long ago for 78C? What temperature does it get now? Have you blown the dust out of the CPU and GPU coolers? Have you blocked up any of the cooling evnts on the case? Have you run the stress test again lately?
Did you remove all the old thermal paste before applying the mx4?
What games were you playing? What resolution? What game settings?
- measured by intel xtu and cpuid - yes i mean that type of cpu (i7 4810MQ CPU )
-stress test by intel xtu and cpuz that stress cpu - 78 c since 2 months - now it is 98c yeah i cleaned it by alchol and tooth paste and by air - i didn't block any cooling in case and i don't know how to do that because my laptop don't support that - yeah i ran it now show me 98 c
-yeah i cleaned it by alcohol and it is became like a mirror .
- i play gta v - pubg lite - pubg mobile - pro evolution soccer 2017 and call of duty 4 - game setttings medium in all no v-sync - game resoolution 1366*768 and 1920 *1080 and 1280 * 720