[SOLVED] High CPU Tempreture Ryzen 3600 brand new OMEN PC

Apr 15, 2021
Hi guys,

Just bought recently a gaming PC with a Ryzen 5 3600 as CPU and a 3070 RTX Nvdia. One week already into using it I notice the temperature of the CPU always between 75 Celcuis up to 81 ( 91 sometimes) even though I play Brawhallah and league of legends ( nothing compared to COD etc...) Can someone advise if that's is normal if not what can be done ?
The PC was prebuilt, I have not done anything extra yet.

Thank you in advance !

Solution
Ryzens are dynamic cpus. They boost according to temps, loads, voltages, usage etc and will do so to get best performance according to them.

So when you see a Ryzen hitting 75-80°C, that's not a High temp. Get your mind out of the Intel gutter. What that means is the Ryzen is doing its best to boost the cores you are using to the highest they can get.

If you pull the side panel off as suggested, that's not a fix for airflow nor temps. What will happen is potential temps will lower, but that just allows the Ryzen to boost higher, so overall temps do not really change, but performance does. Unless the boost is already at max, in which case temps will go down slightly.

The best way to drop temps is drop the VID. That limits what voltage...
Hi guys,

Just bought recently a gaming PC with a Ryzen 5 3600 as CPU and a 3070 RTX Nvdia. One week already into using it I notice the temperature of the CPU always between 75 Celcuis up to 81 ( 91 sometimes) even though I play Brawhallah and league of legends ( nothing compared to COD etc...) Can someone advise if that's is normal if not what can be done ?

Thank you in advance !
This is normal it's the CPU turbo maxing the tempbout once the CPU hits max op temp it will back down to about 88 84c to keep the CPU from frying but it's just the CPU turbo ryzens will hit this temp when under load unless you shut off turbo or adjust the max temp allowed in bios

"Note not all mobos will allow amax CPU temp so the only option ifyou don't like these temps is shut off turbo"

Like you said the game you are playing is nothing like cod so probably not even maxing out turbo which is why you probably aren't even hitting 84c

This is normal it's the CPU turbo maxing the tempbout once the CPU hits max op temp it will back down to about 88 84c to keep the CPU from frying but it's just the CPU turbo ryzens will hit this temp when under load unless you shut off turbo or adjust the max temp allowed in bios

"Note not all mobos will allow amax CPU temp so the only option ifyou don't like these temps is shut off turbo"

Like you said the game you are playing is nothing like cod so probably not even maxing out turbo which is why you probably aren't even hitting 84c
Yes I know he said sometimes hitting 91 but avg 81 thoughts 91c moments are high render scene like action packed cut scenes or 100 people in game firing weapons at once

You can try to see if you can bump up the fan speed. Overall though, it doesn't look like the case has good airflow and the coolers it comes with are okay at best.
the factory provided AMD cooler is not likely to make Noctua's corporate board begin to worry too much....just yet!
It's not the cooling I promise I have the same CPU just 3600x with stalk cooler. The only issue going on here is turbo is on

You can try to see if you can bump up the fan speed. Overall though, it doesn't look like the case has good airflow and the coolers it comes with are okay at best.
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance !
the factory provided AMD cooler is not likely to make Noctua's corporate board begin to worry too much....just yet!
I'm willin to bet all of on the factor I have the EXACT SAME CPU just 3600x with stalk cooler and only 3 case fans pluggesbin now just to prove this. Turbo on same temps turbo off nothing over 76c unless extreme stress applied. So sitting lying is just forcing someone to east money they don't need to.... PS with the same system with a liquid cooler brand new thermal paste 2weeks ago max temp 89c under extreme load with turbo enabled avgs 75ish. 75c max with turbo off IT'S NOT THE COOLING it's turbo

I'm willin to bet all of on the factor I have the EXACT SAME CPU just 3600x with stalk cooler and only 3 case fans pluggesbin now just to prove this. Turbo on same temps turbo off nothing over 76c unless extreme stress applied. So sitting lying is just forcing someone to east money they don't need to.... PS with the same system with a liquid cooler brand new thermal paste 2weeks ago max temp 89c under extreme load with turbo enabled avgs 75ish. 75c max with turbo off IT'S NOT THE COOLING it's turbo
Well yes, it's the turbo that's causing the CPU to reach those temperatures.

However if OP wants those temperatures to go lower, then the cooling setup in their computer doesn't appear all that great.

EDIT: The OP Mentions they have a non X version of the Ryzen 3600. If this is true, then there's definitely room for improvement. I have a 3700X, which is also a 65W TDP CPU, and when running a CPU heavy benchmark like Cinebench, it hovers around 65C.

Last edited:
Well yes, it's the turbo that's causing the CPU to reach those temperatures.

However if OP wants those temperatures to go lower, then the cooling setup in their computer doesn't appear all that great.

EDIT: The OP Mentions they have a non X version of the Ryzen 3600. If this is true, then there's definitely room for improvement. I have a 3700X, which is also a 65W TDP CPU, and when running a CPU heavy benchmark like Cinebench, it hovers around 65C.
Well yes he can improve it by getting new coolers. Everyone telling him the heat is because if the cooler is a lie and they need to check their facts. Dont sit there and give mis leading info then when he gets the new cooler him expect the temps to improve 80 fold. No it will improve yes but only way to avoid your pc avg 74c underload. Turn of turbo and dumb it down to 400MHz.

Well yes he can improve it by getting new coolers. Everyone telling him the heat is because if the cooler is a lie and they need to check their facts. Dont sit there and give mis leading info then when he gets the new cooler him expect the temps to improve 80 fold. No it will improve yes but only way to avoid your pc avg 74c underload. Turn of turbo and dumb it down to 400MHz.
No one said that a better cooler is going to magically improve temps "80 fold." And saying the only way to avoid such temperatures by clocking it down that low is equally misleading. Especially since I reported that I can achieve temperatures below your arbitrary minimum on another 65W TDP processor, assuming OP has a 3600 and not a 3600X.

No one said that a better cooler is going to magically improve temps "80 fold." And saying the only way to avoid such temperatures by clocking it down that low is equally misleading. Especially since I reported that I can achieve temperatures below your arbitrary minimum on another 65W TDP processor, assuming OP has a 3600 and not a 3600X.
I never said the only way to avoid such high temps was down clocking in a since. I was was saying whats causeing the heat
He is experiencing is turbo. However i did say if you dont even like the system avvging at 74c well underload well gaming then the only way you will avoid that is to dumb the cpu down.... Unless you have a nitrogen cooler no matter what cpu have turbo or not it will still garenteed hit avgs of 74c

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzens are dynamic cpus. They boost according to temps, loads, voltages, usage etc and will do so to get best performance according to them.

So when you see a Ryzen hitting 75-80°C, that's not a High temp. Get your mind out of the Intel gutter. What that means is the Ryzen is doing its best to boost the cores you are using to the highest they can get.

If you pull the side panel off as suggested, that's not a fix for airflow nor temps. What will happen is potential temps will lower, but that just allows the Ryzen to boost higher, so overall temps do not really change, but performance does. Unless the boost is already at max, in which case temps will go down slightly.

The best way to drop temps is drop the VID. That limits what voltage the cpu Can use, not limits what the cpu Does use.

It's a dance, but either way you want to look at it, there's one undeniable fact. It's a Ryzen, not an intel cpu, so throw out any pre-conceived notions about what's high, what's not, or how the cpu should behave.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Friend had an omen 25L w/9700 non-k. Typical high use temps were 85c. Swapped in a noctua U9s dropped to 75C (larger coolers.wouldnt fit small case) Also installed a 120mm fan on top and removed.dust filer on bottom . Swapped cases to a Lian Li mesh II, dropped to 65c. Benefit of the case swap was gpu temp dropped 10C as well.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Omens are known to be somewhat miserable for airflow characteristics. All show-no go cases.

Went from stock cooler to a larger, much more efficient cooler, and added extra airflow towards the heatsink. Ask me if I'm surprised the temps dropped.

Moved to one of the best airflow atx cases currently on the market, that includes airflow to the gpu, and temps dropped again.

It's not about case size. It's all about case design, fan types, fan amounts etc.