[SOLVED] High CPU Temps (200+ C) from Sensors

Mar 22, 2020
Hello,

I am running a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu with an Asus ROG STRIX X570-e mb, 32 GB ram, RTX 2080 Super, and a custom liquid cooling loop through my pc. i am running Hardware Monitor and Core Temp on my PC to check temps as I play games and work on my computer, and I noticed that Hardware Monitor shows that after I am done gaming, my max temp is 200+ degrees C! However, Core Temp shows a max temp of 69 (nice) degrees C. Has anyone else had this issue before or know of a solution to have the programs read the correct temperatures? I am using liquid metal for the thermal compound, but will probably be replacing it with standard paste to confirm that i am not running into any temp problems. idle temps are at 40 C on average and the gpu is at 27 C.

Solution
Hello,

I am running a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu with an Asus ROG STRIX X570-e mb, 32 GB ram, RTX 2080 Super, and a custom liquid cooling loop through my pc. i am running Hardware Monitor and Core Temp on my PC to check temps as I play games and work on my computer, and I noticed that Hardware Monitor shows that after I am done gaming, my max temp is 200+ degrees C! However, Core Temp shows a max temp of 69 (nice) degrees C. Has anyone else had this issue before or know of a solution to have the programs read the correct temperatures? I am using liquid metal for the thermal compound, but will probably be replacing it with standard paste to confirm that i am not running into any temp problems. idle temps are at 40 C on average and the gpu...
Mar 13, 2020
Do You Mean By Hardware Monitor The BIOS temps? Or Third-Party Software

and if its a BIOS problem try resetting the BIOS and don't worry the temps on CoreTemp is 98% accurate as i heard so yeah!

good luck!

Hello,

I am running a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu with an Asus ROG STRIX X570-e mb, 32 GB ram, RTX 2080 Super, and a custom liquid cooling loop through my pc. i am running Hardware Monitor and Core Temp on my PC to check temps as I play games and work on my computer, and I noticed that Hardware Monitor shows that after I am done gaming, my max temp is 200+ degrees C! However, Core Temp shows a max temp of 69 (nice) degrees C. Has anyone else had this issue before or know of a solution to have the programs read the correct temperatures? I am using liquid metal for the thermal compound, but will probably be replacing it with standard paste to confirm that i am not running into any temp problems. idle temps are at 40 C on average and the gpu is at 27 C.
Hardware Monitor is known to be inaccurate. I stopped using it long time ago. I use HWInfo. Core Temp is also good.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Mar 22, 2020
It looks like you are right. The program was the issue. I didn't know which download to use for HWInfo, so i downloaded AMD Ryzen Master to observe the temps. After a couple hours of straight gaming at max settings, the max temp was 61 C according to Ryzen master.

It looks like you are right. The program was the issue. I didn't know which download to use for HWInfo, so i downloaded AMD Ryzen Master to observe the temps. After a couple hours of straight gaming at max settings, the max temp was 61 C according to Ryzen master.
Ryzen Master is good too. Here is HWinfo if you want, its used by NASA: