[SOLVED] high cpu temps on i5-4670k

Jan 12, 2019
I have an i5-4670k @3.6ghz running with 8g of ram and a gtx 780. Twice now, my pc has crashed because of heat of cpu. I've ran multiple different cpu tests: RealBench, Prime95. Everytime I run these tests my max temps go up to 100 celsius. Im running an intel stock cooler.

Solution
Your most likely dry on thermal compound. Make sure the cooler is actually sitting on the processor correctly as well as checking for the fan spinning. I'd recommend taking the cooler off and replacing your thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly. Make sure the cooler is installed. Otherwise a 120MM Liquid Cooler would be a great upgrade.

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017
Your most likely dry on thermal compound. Make sure the cooler is actually sitting on the processor correctly as well as checking for the fan spinning. I'd recommend taking the cooler off and replacing your thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly. Make sure the cooler is installed. Otherwise a 120MM Liquid Cooler would be a great upgrade.

Solution
Jan 12, 2019

Ive done this twice already. Im not to confident in getting a liquid cooler. What would be a good heater to get?