[SOLVED] High CPU Temps with Noctura U12s

dtaxtman

Commendable
Jan 22, 2021
I am unsure what is going on, I have tried installing this cooler 3 times with new paste (Noctura's). My temps read around 43C in BIOS, but when I fully load windows up, somehow its already up to 71C, and when I game its 78C. If I feel the fins on the cooler, it feels slightly warm. I am running a B550-Plus with a Ryzen 5 5600x. I bought the Noctura AMD edition. Brackets are down tight, as well as the screws are botttomed out. When I look at the cooler after taking it off the CPU, it has thermal paste spread on both CPU and heatsink portion. Could there be something wrong with my CPU monitor? I have been using core temp and NZXT CAM. The windows load temp just doesnt seem right sitting at 70C. Not sure what to do. I guess I would expect temps to be lower. Inside the case is nice and cool, and CPU fan is running turbo mode on QFAN.

Last edited:
Solution
I've used a U12S. At idle in a warm room (27 C; 81 F), I'd see temps in the low 30s on an Intel 6600K.

I'd certainly check temps with another tool or 2.

The Noctua mounting system is near foolproof. There should be Youtube demonstrations, possibly from Noctua direct.....if you aren't sure if you've done things correctly.
I've used a U12S. At idle in a warm room (27 C; 81 F), I'd see temps in the low 30s on an Intel 6600K.

The Noctua mounting system is near foolproof. There should be Youtube demonstrations, possibly from Noctua direct.....if you aren't sure if you've done things correctly.

Solution

dtaxtman

Commendable
Jan 22, 2021

Exactly! It seems very easy to install. Method of choice on CPU for paste, I use the pea method. I drop the heatsink on top, slightly move it to get screws over threads, and start alternating the tightening.

dtaxtman

Commendable
Jan 22, 2021

I just used SpeedFan software, and it says the CPU is at 35C!