[SOLVED] High CPU Temps

Nov 24, 2021
Good evening all,

Really rather at wit's end here as I can't quite figure out what is causing these temperatures. I'll preface this by saying this is a quite new machine, built by Ibuypower ( I don't have the know how or time to build one myself ). Temps have always been reasonably warm for this PC, but lately for the CPU they've been running high enough to definitely worry me. I get anywhere between 85* C and 92* C while gaming or even with just a game up. At the time of posting this I'm eyeing my temperatures on Icue, and I am at 5% load, running 91* C. I am by no means a computer expert, but I know enough to understand what isn't quite right. Please help.

System Details:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus - ARGB Header
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 ( The one that came installed is a Gigabyte, if that makes a difference )
Power Supply: 850 Watt Corsair RM850 80 Plus Gold
Processor Cooling: MSI Mag Core Liquid 360R
Case Fans: 3x "Silent - Be Quiet!" Silent Wings 3 PWM 120mm fan

I really don't know what other information could be relevant here, but if any further details would be helpful please just ask.

Nov 24, 2021
Get rid of that thing, and this will be more or less solved. The problem is that cooler's design.
If you opt for another Coreliquid AIO, look at the K and S SKUs only, otherwise you'll run into the same problem again after some time.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what's the issue with the cooler, and what would be a worthwhile replacement? After buying this system, money is rather tight so if I'm going to spend money, I'd like to spend it well. Not trying to be snooty, I genuinely don't understand, lol.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The pump's in the radiator, not in the usual water block over the cpu.
It's a big ol' 360mm AIO. There's not too many ways this can be mounted - practically only 2, and both will expose the pump to air.
Air is bad for pump life and longevity.

Worthwhile replacement? Hard to say.
I don't know how much is too much for you, as well as not having a clue what all your potential options could be; I don't know what size coolers the chassis supports beyond 360/240/120mm AIOs.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Before I crash for the night, I'll list a few 360mm AIOs below.
be quiet! Pure Loop
Arctic Liquid Freezer II
Cooler Master ML360R, or ML360 Illusion(ARGB version)
EK-AIO Basic, or the D-RGB version if you need more color

If you need something more affordable, like an air cooler, we will need to know what's the tallest(in mm) the chassis will allow, as well as what the ram is - some models have a fan that is positioned over one or two sticks of ram.