[SOLVED] High CPU usage after motherboard replacement

Apr 23, 2022
Components:

CPU
: Intel i3 8100
GPU: GTX 1050 2gb
Motherboard: ASRock B365M Pro4
Ram: 8gb x2 DDR4 2400 MHz

I recently changed my motherboard from a Gigabyte h310m A to the one listed above.
Since I made the change, I notice that the processor has more high spikes when I open programs, but I notice it mainly when I'm playing something.

The most frequent is when I'm playing Counter Strike Global Offensive: before changing the motherboard I never felt that I was demanding my processor, it never made more noise than normal, in short I never noticed anything strange. Now, looking at the task manager, when I'm playing competitive CSGO I get to be between 75% and 82% CPU usage, and if I transmit screen by Discord rises to 90% almost 100%. It is worth noting that although it has a lot of use, the temperature never exceeds 60 °C.

Also, when I am playing, in the Processes tab in the task manager, the "Power usage" is Very high. Can it really have something to do with the change of motherboard?

Things I did/didn't do:

• I made sure the heatsink is properly placed.
  • I didn't change the thermal paste, however this is about 4 months old and as I said before, prior to the motherboard change I didn't have a single problem.
  • I did not format Windows after the motherboard change, although I do not think it is related because when I am in Linux with dual-boot I notice that the same thing happens.
  • I did not update the BIOS.
  • I updated all the drivers that were available.

Solution
D
Your logic is not correct you swapped motherboards now you have to reinstall Linux and windows that’s why they’re both doing the same thing you didn’t reinstall windows or linux

Now it doesn’t matter what you do until you format and clean install your problems aren’t going to go away so have fun with that

What you can do as another test is boot to a Linux live USB and if it still doesn’t there than you have hardware problems but if it’s OK it just means you need to reinstall your other operating systems
D

Deleted member 14196

Your logic is not correct you swapped motherboards now you have to reinstall Linux and windows that’s why they’re both doing the same thing you didn’t reinstall windows or linux

Now it doesn’t matter what you do until you format and clean install your problems aren’t going to go away so have fun with that

What you can do as another test is boot to a Linux live USB and if it still doesn’t there than you have hardware problems but if it’s OK it just means you need to reinstall your other operating systems

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
Apr 23, 2022
Thanks for your answer:)! I already reinstalled Linux with the new motherboard, and yet there are some programs that raise CPU usage a little higher than normal. Could it be because I didn't reinstall Windows? Both OS are on different disks, Windows on a Sata 3 SSD and Linux on M.2 NVMe.