High Cpu usage after Resetting the pc

Der-pun

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
So i've been using Windows 10 on my newly build pc and yesterday it suddenly crashes. So i reset the pc using the reset feature of windows 10 and since then the Cpu usage has been high af. it is at 70-80% when IDLE.
i tried all the methods of making reg to 4 and and disabling cortana and what not. However i read somewhere that it might be because of the old drivers still being present and to my notice when i reset my pc the nvidia gTx 970 drivers were present and so i again reset my pc using the clean reset function but even AFTER that the GTX 970 drivers were present.
i am guessing it's not just 970 drivers but all the old drivers that are causing the cpu usage to shoot up. How do i install windows cleanly or how do i get to uninstall these old drivers FOR GOOD?
If you think there is some other reason to High Cpu usage then please say so.

P.S- I tried uninstalling GTX 970 drivers from device manager and its of no use.
P.P.S- I also tried the disk cleanup and "remove old windows files" and thats also of no use.
PLEASE HELP. Thanks :)

Solution

This was a very weird solution but it worked. Apparently, in power options, you have to set it to balanced. In case if it was on "high performance", the CPU is clocked and usage becomes High. Changing it to Balanced solved the problem. Try it out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
best way to get rid of old drivers is replace them, go check out motherboard maker web site and see if anything new. Then run something like Driver Booster and see what else it finds.

run this and see whats using all the CPU: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

there could be another reason for high cpu: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-and-compressed-memory-service-high-cpu/421c32bd-e65b-4339-9473-db775e50096a?auth=1

Der-pun

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

Yea, it ain't the drivers I think. I just reinstalled windows from scratch by formatting the drive earlier windows was installed in. So I guess it isn't my driver's because the problem still exists. I can't figure out what's the deal here man. Frustrated af.

Der-pun

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

This was a very weird solution but it worked. Apparently, in power options, you have to set it to balanced. In case if it was on "high performance", the CPU is clocked and usage becomes High. Changing it to Balanced solved the problem. Try it out.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
High Performance sets CPU to max speed all the time, i would have thought the default setting was balanced.

If you have a Samsung SSD and install Samsung Magician and then let it set up PC to benefit the SSD, it will set the CPU to 100% all the time. I learned that the hard way last year, when I had CPU overclocked to 4.2ghz and that setting on for a few months. I didn't know it was meant to go slower as I had just got PC.