Question High cpu usage and low gpu usage , games start stuttering at 100 fps.

Jun 21, 2019
So my games are stuttering at 100 fps and under my cpu usage in newer games is always at 100% and gpu around 60%-70%
This is how it looks in fortnite
View: https://imgur.com/kJ9KFNb

and this is in bo4 and most games like that
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwidj_Ths64

Gpu:inno 3d gtx 1060 3gb
Cpu: i3 8100 3.6ghz
ram: 2x8 ddr4 2400
mobo: asrock h310m-hdv

Most people say is that cpu is bottlenicking my gpu but ive seen many youtube videos with same setup that work just fine , i tried reinstalling windows , reinstalling all drivers, buying dual chanell ram which i didnt have before helped a little bit .

Not sure you're reading the bench accurately. The average core usage is only 77% in HWMonitor. At most it averages 90%, but I'm pretty sure that takes into account cache and interconnects, which are always quite busy under load.

So usage wise it's more like a 77% CPU, 83% GPU scenario, which is pretty well balanced. Basically what you're referring to is max not ave utilization. Maybe try using an FPS cap just under the point where it starts stuttering. To do this you'll need to use a tool that can show actual real time stats. Afterburner is good for that.

What are temps like btw?

Jun 21, 2019
Not sure you're reading the bench accurately. The average core usage is only 77% in HWMonitor. At most it averages 90%, but I'm pretty sure that takes into account cache and interconnects, which are always quite busy under load.

So usage wise it's more like a 77% CPU, 83% GPU scenario, which is pretty well balanced. Basically what you're referring to is max not ave utilization. Maybe try using an FPS cap just under the point where it starts stuttering. To do this you'll need to use a tool that can show actual real time stats. Afterburner is good for that.

What are temps like btw?
this cpu is usage is in fortnite in most newer games like cod bo4 is over 90% just on game and cpu usage around 70% unless i put rendering on max than gpu is at 100% but my fps drops to 60-80
I posted video of how it is in bo4 .
Temps you can see on picture
I tried capping frames with rts but its the same.

this cpu is usage is in fortnite in most newer games like cod bo4 is over 90% just on game and cpu usage around 70% unless i put rendering on max than gpu is at 100% but my fps drops to 60-80
I posted video of how it is in bo4 .
Temps you can see on picture
I tried capping frames with rts but its the same.
That video only shows CPU/GPU usage, amount of mem in use, and FPS. You don't have temps set to show onscreen. If the ave temps are staying under 65c CPU and 76c GPU as indicated in the bench screen though, it should be OK. My point is it's hard to know that unless you see it onscreen while playing.

Also, it's far more important to look at ave temps/usage while playing, instead of only remarking on max, as if it's staying at the max value. That's the one thing that makes this look like something you're more worried about than you should be.

Jun 21, 2019
That video only shows CPU/GPU usage, amount of mem in use, and FPS. You don't have temps set to show onscreen. If the ave temps are staying under 65c CPU and 76c GPU as indicated in the bench screen though, it should be OK. My point is it's hard to know that unless you see it onscreen while playing.

Also, it's far more important to look at ave temps/usage while playing, instead of only remarking on max, as if it's staying at the max value. That's the one thing that makes this look like something you're more worried about than you should be.
Im watching temps on CPUID hwmonitor and you have it on picture up there its says my cpu temps are around 50-60c and max it goes to 63c and my gpu is around 70c max is 82c cause i overclocked it on msi afterburner and rised limit for temp i dont know if that is how it should be.
View: https://imgur.com/kJ9KFNb