Question High cpu usage and sluggish response anytime i download

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Hi, I have been having this issue for a while now, whenever i try to download something be it through google or torrent my pc all of a sudden becomes really slow and sluggish, if i try to watch videos the audio crackles and desynchronises and if i try to listen to music it crackles and stutters to the point of unlistenable. All drivers are upto date but this never used to happen.

Specs are as follows,
I5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Intel HD 4600 GPU
12GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
PNY CS900 SSD
WD Green Caviar 500GB
EVGA 600 BR PSU

Thank you for any help

Hi, I have been having this issue for a while now, whenever i try to download something be it through google or torrent my pc all of a sudden becomes really slow and sluggish, if i try to watch videos the audio crackles and desynchronises and if i try to listen to music it crackles and stutters to the point of unlistenable. All drivers are upto date but this never used to happen.

Specs are as follows,
I5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Intel HD 4600 GPU
12GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
PNY CS900 SSD
WD Green Caviar 500GB
EVGA 600 BR PSU

Thank you for any help
Check in Task Manager what's using your CPU% during the issue.
What's your CPU temps during the issue?

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Check in Task Manager what's using your CPU% during the issue.
What's your CPU temps during the issue?

It is always either Utorrent or chrome that is high cpu usage but never really hits 100% and temps are always under 40C unless gaming (which i dont do much of these days as old gpu broke) and i did a malware scan with malwarebytes yesterday and it came through with no issues

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
It spins at 7200RPM if i remember correctly, HDD usage is normally between 70-80% during download, it is an old HDD but performance doesnt seem to have slowed really as it still reads the same in crystalmark as it did a few years back, Whilst torrenting i get anywhere between 5Mb/s - 10 and whilst downloading through chrome its normally around 30 - 35 MB/s

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
Okay, i will do these things and report back.

I am planning and upgrade in the near future to a newer system as this one is clearly showing its age now but still, one would think it would still be able to do these tasks today like it did before xD

dirkrgriebel54

Prominent
Mar 21, 2018
Check for viruses. Bit miners are insane these days. Check with adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, and BitDefender to be save. You've had it for a long time and I think it's time to check. Do full scans with all and I bet you will find something bad.

If nothing is found report back and send me a pic of the task manager.