High CPU Usage (Going Up to 100%)

Jun 1, 2018
Hi there,
Recently I have noticed that my CPU usage has been jumping up to 100% for reasons I do not know. I primarily notice it when a game starts downloading on steam the CPU usage goes to 100% and I can hardly move my mouse around the screen as it spikes about. It also seems to go high when I open a program (Even opening up task manager is jumps to about 70% then falls back down) it happens to jump.
I've read through a few articles and couldn't find any specific fixes for my issue.
Motherboard: B85M-E45, CPU: Intel i5 4690k GPU: MSI Geforce 1050 ti
I'm also unsure if it is a BIOS issue as my current BIOS version is V10.7. (I'm not very confident in updating it unless I have to).
If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

*Edit* I also found that NVIDIA container was using about 20% CPU usage when the computer was running nothing so I disabled it.

WHat is your cpu usage when all browsers closed, sitting idle, with no WIndows updates occurring, etc..?

Many things will cause cpu usage to spike, including opening programs, downloads, and certainly, gaming...

As for any Nvidia container....are you or were recording gaming/streaming? (That should slaughter cpu usage and usability while gaming)

Download/install and monitor HWMonitor, to make sure your CPU temps are under control under any sort of load....

Jun 1, 2018
With everything closed (Apart from task manager), the CPU usage sits around 1% then every 5 seconds peaks to about 20% due to my anti malware service scan, then goes back to normal a second later.
As for Nvidia container, I have shadow play on in the background (not recording), it is just enabled for if I do choose to record.
Here is an image of HWMonitor and Task manager open side by side with only the two applications running. The CPU temp sits around 40C. https://imgur.com/a/1iwngXV
With HWMonitor, Task Manager and Chrome open the usage sits around 3% and jumps to 10% now and then. Nothing overly drastic while these basic programs are running.