Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P ATX
RAM: HyperX FURY Series 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Power Supply: Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
Hard-drive: Western Digital 1TB SATA III Desktop SATA Drive
SSD: Kingston Technology 120 GB Solid State Drive 2.5 inch V300 SATA 3
Monitor(s): LG 24M45 x3 (Triple monitor setup)

After installing a new PSU and Motherboard I have been having many problems with high CPU Usage and even temps, when idle my CPU usage is roughly 5% then suddenly jumps to around 22% and so on.

I have also tried a different Motherboard after upgrading and the problem still persists so I don't personally think it's my Motherboard once again as I have tried 2-3 different models.

Although when playing video games such as 'Call of Duty: Black Ops III' my CPU Usage shoots sky-high running at 80-100% majority of the time which also canes my FPS down as low as 30/40 fps even when standing still.

This also happens on low-end games such as RuneScape, no matter what I play my CPU usage extremely increases causing low FPS and stutter, If I play a video game as well as listening to music or watching a stream...it will struggle to stay above 20 FPS.

I have attached a video which includes the CPU Usage increasing on whatever application is running for example in the video below shows Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Click here (Sorry for the bad quality)
And yes, that noise is my computer... I don't know why, It has only started to do this ever since both my temps and CPU Usage has increased dramatically.

The CPU Usage increases on whatever game is running, for example If I load up CS:GO the CPU Usage will spike high although this is normal for when opening applications. After I have loaded in to the Main-Menu it goes down to roughly 30/40% then when I have loaded into the game it shoots up to 70/80+ again.

The Memory Usage is also rather high even though I have 16GB RAM it uses roughly 50% on games which doesn't add up to 8GB as shown in the video above.

I hope with the information I have given you are able to provide me with information or what to do to try resolve this problem, I have installed windows numerous of times and upgraded every driver and also downgraded them to stable versions and they are all result in the same problem, the only thing I haven't tried is downgrading to an earlier operating system such as Windows 7 although I'm not sure this is the case.

Thank you

Jayme

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Hey,

Here is a screenshot of the CPU performance tab
Imgur

(Not sure why it says 2d Uptime...)

Jayme

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hey, everything seems fine there.
Could you go into your Power options, select high performance, click change plan settings, click change advanced power settings scroll down to processor power management and make sure that maximum processor state is at 100%.

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Hello, I have print screened my power settings for you and have attached it below.
Imgur

Oh right, thank you for confirming.

Jayme

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

I am not running any software for my SSD such as Samsung Magician as you have stated, should I download this and give it a try?

EDIT: I don't have a Samsung SSD, as stated my manufacturer is 'Kingston' which Samsung Magician doesn't support.

Jayme

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015

Try enabling virtualisation it may help CPU To perform better

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hello,
I haven't had any problems with my CPU before now so I'm not sure if this'll resolve the issue. I will try enabling this option even though.

Thank you
Jayme

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

My temperatures under heavy load, like on Black Ops III, is between 75-85 'C CPU and max 75 'C GPU although this is probably caused because of my CPU being extremely hot as it's trying to keep it cool running at 100% usage majority of the time.

Application used for temps - Speccy

The GPU temp use to fluctuate around ~60'C before having these problems.

Jayme

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
85 degrees is fairly hot, but not hot enough to be causing issues like this. Can you go into your task manager, go to startup and make sure there isn't a huge amount of junk starting up with your PC.
Also run an anti-malware scan, to make sure that no malware is using up your computers resources.

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

I have checked all through my start-up tasks and have even booted up with no start up programs, I have also reformatted windows numerous of times and the problem still persists.

When playing 'Black Ops III' I tried running the game on all minimum settings etc and still the FPS drops from 120 fps (capped) down to 40 FPS every few seconds whilst my CPU is running at 100% usage.

Jayme

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hello, I wasn't so sure on how to check the CPU/GPU clocks so I have provided 4 screenshots of the whole MSI Afterburner 'Hardware Monitor' display.
Imgur
Note: I have just realised the picture quality... in 3 of the pictures. Sorry, I don't know why the image quality changed when print screening.
Some results may be low as I had to keep tabbing out to take a screenshot, although you can see the 'Min' and 'Max' in all of the checks.

Jayme

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hey,

Looking at those screenshots, it seems like a few things are maxed out, or very close to it. With those including the CPU and GPU. For your graphics card, are you trying to run the game across your 3 monitor?

Also seeing some fluctuations in your GPU Core Clock, go into Nvidia Control Panel and go to Manage 3D settings, go to Global Settings and put Power Management Mode to Performance.

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hello, sorry for the extremely delayed reply. The website has been down for me all day although I have followed up with what you've suggested me to do.

To answer your question, I play on one 1920x1080 monitor and use the other two for other use such as 'YouTube' or other webpages although when playing games I don't use them they're mainly for productivity use.

I have checked through my nvidia settings and have changed the option you had told me to from default 'Adaptive' to 'Performace' although I been still having dramatic fps drops and 100% CPU usage.

Today I reseated my CPU cooler and applied new thermal paste which has helped with the CPU temp now running at 63'C max on bo3 in max settings although my GPU is still fairly high at 70-80'C, for the moment playing on anything other than 'Low' seems to be unplayable right now because the amount of lag/stutter in majority of my games.

Jayme

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you run/install AI Suite from Asus? I only ask as it can run a software overclock though I am not sure if it works on non k models. I accidentally ran it on my I5 4690K and had to change settings in the bios to stop it running at start up. Its fan settings played havoc with my temps.

I assume you have latest bios: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97P/HelpDesk_Download/

I assume your case fans are adequate to remove the heat from case?

NOT_PROVIDED_675

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Hello Colif,

I don't have AI Suite on my computer, the only thing I have by ASUS is 'ASUS Ai Charger' which I had no clue of how I have it installed...

> I have the latest bios update
and yes all my fans are to remove heat from the case, as I stated these problems have only started my temps never use to be this high...

Jayme