High CPU usage system

javiercasanova98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2018
I've just installed Windows on my laptop and for a while the process system has been using from 20% to 30% of my CPU all the time and the pc feels a bit slower, can anyone help please.

Specs.
Intel core i7 7500U
12gb ram
Radeon R7 M340
240ssd
1tb hdd

often systems will be busy for many hours with Windows updates after initial Windows install/activations, you'd want to be careful about potnetially falsely judging CPU utilization numbers in task manager until all of the updates are done...

If a laptop, you'd also want to double check you are running laptop makers chipset and GPU drivers, vice whatever MS/Windows feels like installing from/during the install...

mgallo848

Commendable

More than likely you have a driver that it couldn't find for you. Go to the device manager and see if there is anything that has a red "X" or a yellow "!" mark over it. If you do then you'll need to find out what it is and install the drivers for it.

javiercasanova98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2018

Just double checked and they are all updated

mgallo848

Commendable

Then it just might be what the above posts were saying. You may have a lot of Windows updates to do and that will cause higher CPU usage until it's all done