[SOLVED] High CPU Usage - videocardmonitor(32 bit)

Jun 9, 2019
I'm not sure what the application videocardmonitor(32 bit) is, but it is constantly running and eating up around 8-10% of my CPU usage. Any clue what this is a result of and how to prevent such high CPU usage? I have a MSI GTX 970, MSI B350 Tomahawk, and a Ryzen 7 1700.

Solution
Both your motherboard and VGA are MSI. That is apparently a MSI utility.

Have you installed any of the utilities that come with motherboard/VGA on their DVDs? If yes that process might be a part of that software package.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

Have you installed any of the utilities that come with motherboard/VGA on their DVDs? If yes that process might be a part of that software package.

Solution
Jun 9, 2019

Ah yes, I have. I uninstalled the MSI Gaming APP after recently installing it. I found that it was unnecessary to my needs and I believe the ActiveX package (the folder holding the videocardmonitorII.exe) was one that was downloaded with the gaming app and I have since deleted both with no damage done. The problem is fixed! Thank you so much for the reply and you would've solved my problem sooner if I was actively checking this post like a smarter individual :)

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Ah yes, I have. I uninstalled the MSI Gaming APP after recently installing it. I found that it was unnecessary to my needs and I believe the ActiveX package (the folder holding the videocardmonitorII.exe) was one that was downloaded with the gaming app and I have since deleted both with no damage done. The problem is fixed! Thank you so much for the reply and you would've solved my problem sooner if I was actively checking this post like a smarter individual :)

No problem, glad to help.