High CPU Usage while playing games. Intel I5-4690k ... Please help

lilmets

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
So here's the info, I need this issue to be diagnosed and a solution found. Please it's been too long that this has been happening.

Games that arent extremely intensive taking up around 50-70% cpu usage.
While that is happening other programs like google chrome, spotify, and whatever else is open will take up more and more CPU usage. For example a program that usually only takes up 0.2% will be taking up 1.5% while I'm playing the game. However main programs like chrome or spotify will jump up to 15-20% in multiple iterations of it. So a main program is taking up like 20-30% of my cpu usage. Btw, these main programs usually only do this if I have music playing from it or a video or something. However, with the decency of my processor I would assume I would be able to listen to music and play a non intensive game at the same time without experience lag.
The temperatures are fine they never reach above 65 degrees Celsius on any of my cores.
GPU usage is averages around 65%.

This never used to happen, I stream my game and listen to music with no problem. Now I cant stream at all. This has been happening for a while so in another post I was told to do a clean install and reformat my drive. Well I did that and more; I cleaned my drive completely and and reinstalled Windows then updated to Windows 10. And yet I am still having the same issues.

Please PLEASE help me

AnemoVenti

Honorable
Mar 31, 2016
Chances are that there is some malware in your computer which utilizes the resources unnecessarily. Whatever software or game you use, try downloading them again from a trusted source and install them on a new windows installation. If that still doesn't work, please list the programs you install for daily use.

lilmets

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

please read whole post. its not software

AnemoVenti

Honorable
Mar 31, 2016
Its quite hard to judge what can be the actual cause of this, that's why I asked you to list the programs you are using for daily driver.
Also, Windows 10 is not bug free. One more suspect could be that your Hardware is Misbehaving, but that's quite rare.

TRENDING THREADS