High CPU Usage!

Feb 28, 2018
Hello :)

My configuration is

CPU - i3 7100 3.9GHz
RAM - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz
GPU - GTX 1060 3GB
MOTHERBOARD - MSI H110M PRO-D

So my problem is, when I play games, I get a really high CPU usage, and I pretty much found the solution for it, but I don't know how to apply it. When my fps_max is set to 0 (no cap) my cpu usage gets crazy to 50-80% (depending by game). But when I turn fps_max 60 (capped) my CPU usage decreases at what it should be for every game. I don't know how to fix this. Please. Tell me how to do it.

Use vsync? What you seem to be describing is what happens when your computer is capable of running a game at very high framerate, your components work harder. That's why if you cap framerate to 60fps you see less usage. Your components don't have to work so hard.

I don't know why you think usage 'should be' at a certain level. Some games require a lot of CPU power, some don't. Your game settings and resolution also affect it. There is no set percentage of usage it 'should be'.

Feb 28, 2018
Use VSync? No. Why? Because it's not smooth and CS:GO is literally unplayable with VSync . If I cap it to 60 it would not look smooth. I didn't mean they should be at a certain level but it's obvious that my CPU is 7th gen and IT SHOULD NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT hit 80% lol it should be around 25-30%. If you don't know the answer, please, don't say anything.