[SOLVED] high cpu usage

May 21, 2020
CPU usage has skyrocketed recently in triple-a games like Forza, the shadow of the tomb raider, and modern warfare. I have previously played these games and CPU usage always sat low, never went above 40. Now it is ranging from 70-100%. But, my temps stay normal, like how they used too before my usage went up, never went above 60 Celcius. I have tried most youtube tutorials, like editing power plan, lowering the affinity, and updating bios. The usage has not changed. Ran 3d mark and user benchmark tests and it says everything is running normally. Just curious if there is something I missed or if I have to take it into micro center or something like that. Any advice would be great!
PC Specs:

i7-9700k

corsair h100i

MSI Ventus 2080ti

MSI mpg z390 gaming pro carbon

corsair venagnce 16gb of 3200

corsair 850 watt psu

Last edited:
Solution
my windows is up to date, I used the windows defender virus/malware scan and it said no threats, I have all processes in startup disabled. I guess I'm just concerned it might hurt my CPU in the long run, if it is used is high for a prolonged period of time.
If your temps and voltages are in reasonable range, it will not hurt anything.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Let's see... if you really haven't done anything, then an app you have little control over, or one you've left to update automatically, has changed recently...
-Windows update?
-Updates to the games in question, or perhaps their respective launchers?
-3rd party AV/anti-malware update?
-Browser update?
-There's been an addition to Startup Programs in Task Manager?

If performance isn't being hindered, don't worry about it yet?

May 21, 2020
Let's see... if you really haven't done anything, then an app you have little control over, or one you've left to update automatically, has changed recently...
-Windows update?
-Updates to the games in question, or perhaps their respective launchers?
-3rd party AV/anti-malware update?
-Browser update?
-There's been an addition to Startup Programs in Task Manager?

If performance isn't being hindered, don't worry about it yet?
my windows is up to date, I used the windows defender virus/malware scan and it said no threats, I have all processes in startup disabled. I guess I'm just concerned it might hurt my CPU in the long run, if it is used is high for a prolonged period of time.

TRENDING THREADS