Question High CPU usages at all time

May 1, 2022
I am currectly facing the problem where im constant 100% usage on my cpu (like literally most of the time ) its causing me issues like lags and even components disconecting, Help!

spec

i5 7600k 3.8 Gz
16 gb ram
ASUS 1080 ti strix

benchmark are tellin me stuff like Overall this PC is performing below expectations (29th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 71 performed better. i just fomat my pc aswell thinking maybe it could help (never done it since in bought my computer) but Same problem after.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz 44 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1500MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS IX HERO (LGA1151) 45 °C
Graphics
VG248 (1920x1080@144Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 33 °C
Storage
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C
465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

my PC is fresh format, strip clean i wiped everything can malware presist through format? also i have bit defender running and everything is fine

The 7600K's four cores/four threads were considered somewhat marginal for gaming even the day that it released. It is certainly not enough CPU to keep a 1080 Ti any where near fully saturated.

Having a decent GPU actually exacerbates the 'high CPU usage' situation, as struggling to keep up with feeding the GPU even uses more available CPU time.

The 7600K is likely going to struggle even keeping up with 144 fps to match/exceed your monitor's refresh rate...; consider capping FPS to 60 when possible, just to free up some CPU resources vice it currently hopelessly struggling to supply a 1080 Ti.

In short, it's time to spec out a B660/12400F, Z690/12600K, or R5-5600X/5800X/5900X on a B450 combo/rig , depending on your budget!

May 1, 2022
I mean ive had this computer for a few years and i may had high cpu usage but never to the point where my computer freeze and components start disconecting ... i also think my mouse is dying so i dont wanna get to deep into that, i bought a new one and waiting for it to arrive to see whats up

I am currectly facing the problem where im constant 100% usage on my cpu (like literally most of the time ) its causing me issues like lags and even components disconecting, Help!

spec

i5 7600k 3.8 Gz
16 gb ram
ASUS 1080 ti strix

benchmark are tellin me stuff like Overall this PC is performing below expectations (29th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 71 performed better. i just fomat my pc aswell thinking maybe it could help (never done it since in bought my computer) but Same problem after.
Post a link to the results page for the benchmark.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Look at the black box on the left. Bottom line, CPU Background 41%. You got way too much junk running. And not just AV.

Fresh format? What did you add? Any driver verifyer software or other programs with high usage? Check Task Manager to see whats running

May 1, 2022
Not much tbh.. Antivirus, Discord, main games, few specs programs like core temp and speccy and thats about it. i dont have any driver verifyer software, i just do it manually

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Disable Hibernation fully. You have a PC not a laptop. Sleep yes, hibernation no. You have absolutely no requirements for battery savings.

Also not a big fan of OneDrive, unless you actually use it. It can and does not play nice at times as it's constantly updating everything to the cloud that's being done. It can create high cpu usage in background tasking.