[SOLVED] high CPU utilization on old game

ahmadnapi97

Prominent
May 24, 2021
I played old MMORPG game called Ran Online. I opened 5 client ( 3 client is running and 2 is in minimize). Here I put the link for the graphic of the game and my CPU utilization. If this bad for my CPU healthy, is there any solution for this problem? I plan to open more client if this is not an issue or it can be solve.

My Spec is:
GTX 1050Ti
i5-9400F
16GB DDR4 RAM

CPU Utilisation

RAN online graphic

Solution
Thinking about this some more, you could try affinity in task manager and force spread the game's process over multiple cores. If game is single threaded, each process one core each. Or if two cores are better then maybe one instance using core 0 & 1, another 2 & 3, and so on and try say two instances using the same two cores but the last two, keeping the primary core only busy with one instance of the game. Might help.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thinking about this some more, you could try affinity in task manager and force spread the game's process over multiple cores. If game is single threaded, each process one core each. Or if two cores are better then maybe one instance using core 0 & 1, another 2 & 3, and so on and try say two instances using the same two cores but the last two, keeping the primary core only busy with one instance of the game. Might help.

Solution

ahmadnapi97

Prominent
May 24, 2021
interesting..but i have no idea how to do that? what software i need?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Don't need a program, can do this in task manager, right click game exe > affinity and select cores you want.

Granted if this is effective you'll have to do this again each time starting the game again. I think there is a program for this but don't remember on the top of my head

ahmadnapi97

Prominent
May 24, 2021
Don't need a program, can do this in task manager, right click game exe > affinity and select cores you want.

Granted if this is effective you'll have to do this again each time starting the game again. I think there is a program for this but don't remember on the top of my head
Thank You so much for your help.. it is very useful. From 100% now only 80% 😀

Reactions: boju