High CPU Voltage on 7700K

George2016

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Hello, I just decided to build my first PC and I got an Intel Core i7 7700k, a Gigabyte Z270 Gamming K3 and 8Gb of DDR4 RAM 2133Mhz. After all of my components were assambled I started monitorizing the voltages and temperatures, this being my first unlocked CPU. I noticed that the Vcore was on 1.35V which seemed high to me so I updated the BIOS and now the Vcore is at 1.245V which still seems pretty high to me. I have Intel Speed Shift and Voltage optimisation enabled and everything set to auto in the BIOS. Curently the core voltage under full load is 1.248V and around 0.7-0.8V in idle showing in CPU-Z and HW Monitor. I tried to modify the Vcore in the BIOS to 1.18V but the VID was still around 1.25 under load so I am pretty confused and worried. If anyone has some advice to my problem I would be greatful to listen.

Solution
vcore voltage up to 1.350 is safe for 24/7 as long as you can keep your cpu temperature under control 80 C or less. People that have good cooling solution that helps to keep temperature under control go for even higher voltage. VID is just a state or information that is in the CPU, while vcore is the actual voltage. So look for vcore value, dont even mind vid. If you dont overclock just play games and forget about it.

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016
vcore voltage up to 1.350 is safe for 24/7 as long as you can keep your cpu temperature under control 80 C or less. People that have good cooling solution that helps to keep temperature under control go for even higher voltage. VID is just a state or information that is in the CPU, while vcore is the actual voltage. So look for vcore value, dont even mind vid. If you dont overclock just play games and forget about it.

Solution

George2016

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016

So should I keep the Vcore as it is at 1.245 ? I don't have any problem with the temperatures.

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016

Yes, just enjoy your gaming, if temperature is fine u are fine.