High Disk Usage(90-100%) with no apparent reason

Rui_Cavaco

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hi guys!

Recently for about a month I've been struggling with my Hard Drive... It happens that for no reason it started to shot constantly to 100%! That would happen when i was searching on Google Chrome and everything would stop refreshing like if i was losing Internet and then everything would freeze including the Windows. While playing or something, if the game had a background sound, it would stop and after 2, 3 seconds it would freeze the game for about 10 seconds. After that, everything would come to the normal.
At the beginning i thought it was because of Google Chrome, and in part it was. Whenever I updated a page it would stuck. Uninstalled the browser and things got better.

I have formatted my PC for about 3 times but some times(much more, now) it goes to 90-100% for no apparent reason at all! Take a look at my task manager!

Task_Manager.jpg

I'm starting to suspect that is because of the big update that Microsoft has done recently, but can't judge without evidences.Maybe its a virus but can't find anything on the internet that can help me.
Installed HD Tune to check if everything is OK(Made an error scan) and it seems to be everything normal with 30º degrees. I also installed CCleaner to see and repair problems.

Here are my Specs:

Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
NVidia GForce GTX 760

Rui_Cavaco

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Well i already thought about it but I don't have an HDD that i can use for now...Only if borrow from someone but either that i think its not possible to have one, only buying =/

Maybe jsut get an old cheap second-hand disc from some pawn shop or something, just to find out if its your disk. It will be cheaper than any other option left open to you. If the problem continued even after you reinstalled your OS then it is almost certainly hardware related. Did you reset your BIOS before resetting your PC?

Rui_Cavaco

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

How do i reset my BIOS? Never done that, and would like to do it!

Rui_Cavaco

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Searched on the internet and founf that i can do it by going to the BIOS menu when i turn on the pc and there i ahve a option to reset! I did that now and still has the same problem... Day after day the problem seems to get worst and worst =/ will run an antivirus because i don't have one xD

P.S. Made a full Anti Virus scan and it didn't found anything... Will try other options
P.S.2 Used the command via administrator "chkdsk /f /r" but seems like that my PC gets stuck when it reaches 11%... Will perform tonight that command and see the results tomorow morning!