[SOLVED] High disk usage and stutter in all games

Jun 30, 2021
Hey guys i've been having weird issues with my new laptop. I upgraded and while im getting higher fps in gta 5 and arkham knight, i'm also getting a whole lot of stuttering.

I used to be able to run these games on 4 gigs of ram and a worse gpu with no stutter at all (albeit lower fps) but now the stuttering is unbearable. I checked taskmanager and the disk usage is constantly at 100%. I used resource monitor to find out that all games were accessing the page file. Which is weird cuz they did not stutter on 4 gigs of ram while i have 8 now. I have an HDD btw.

I wanna know why it's trying to access the pagefile even tho i have more ram now and how to fix it.

Solution
Hey guys i've been having weird issues with my new laptop. I upgraded and while im getting higher fps in gta 5 and arkham knight, i'm also getting a whole lot of stuttering.

I used to be able to run these games on 4 gigs of ram and a worse gpu with no stutter at all (albeit lower fps) but now the stuttering is unbearable. I checked taskmanager and the disk usage is constantly at 100%. I used resource monitor to find out that all games were accessing the page file. Which is weird cuz they did not stutter on 4 gigs of ram while i have 8 now. I have an HDD btw.

I wanna know why it's trying to access the pagefile even tho i have more ram now and how to fix it.
If left on auto, page file has doubled in size and now writes more. You...

If left on auto, page file has doubled in size and now writes more. You can try to turn it off or manually set some minimal size, 1-4GB.
Also time to go for SSD.

Solution
Jun 30, 2021
If left on auto, page file has doubled in size and now writes more. You can try to turn it off or manually set some minimal size, 1-4GB.
Also time to go for SSD.
That actually kinda works. I set it to 2 gigs and it doesnt stutter for 20 to 30 minutes but it starts stuttering sooner or later. I tried setting it to 1 gig but that just crashes the game. And 3 gb does nothing and the game stutters from the beginning like it used to.

I know i should get an ssd but since it's a laptop and it's under waranty, i wouldn't want to void it by opening it up.

Any idea what should i do to make the stutter go away completely? Thanks!