High DPC Latency issue caused by dxgkrnl.sys and pci.sys causing freezing

Khalagar

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Problem:

Computer has been periodically freezing for 15-30 seconds once or twice a day for the last few weeks. When it freezes, I use task manager to try and unfreeze it, and System Interrupts is always obliterating my CPU in the process list. Following that rabbit hole lead me to DPC checker and LatencyMon

Hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aurous x470 ultra gaming
GPU: 1080ti
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3000 mhz
Storage: Windows is on an SSD
Anti-virus: ESET Nod32, Malwarebytes
Firewall: None that I know of, only Windows basic one

Lk1G8qT.png

Y2mtHXB.png

Things I've tried:

Updating all drivers including audio, video, and essentially everything via Snappy Driver Installer

Using Windows terribad "driver updater" to see if it finds any newer drivers (it didn't)

Updating BIOS

Disabling and re-enabling GPU in Device Manager

Screaming at the computer to stop freezing

Googling for 10 hours and seeing dozens of people with the exact same issue with nobody ever actually resolving it, even in threads that are 5 years old

Send help! It appears to be driver related, between Windows, Nvidia, and Realtek. I'm not sure what this NT Plug and Play PCI Enumerator is or why it crapped the bed so hard this morning, it normally isn't on the list for LatencyMon, it's usually dxgkrnl.sys that's the highest DPC latency

Khalagar

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Which drivers would you say to uninstall? Audio? GPU?

I was having the issue before I used Snappy Driver installer, which is why I used it to begin with. It seems like Snappy actually lowered the latency in general, but it's still pretty bad some of the time