High DPC Latency with tcpip.sys

joningi

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Hi there

I've recently bought a new AcerTimelineX 5820T with the i3Core 4gb RAM ....
Right after a week or so i started noticing crackling and popping sound in my audio and streaming videos. Started googling and finally now after a month! I found what's causing it (or I think I have...)

I used Latencymon and this is my report:

Highest DPC routine execution time: 5202 µs
Responsible driver: tcpip.sys (TCP/IP Driver, Microsoft Corporation)
DPC count (<500 µs): 192587
DPC count (500-999 µs): 0
DPC count (1000-1999 µs): 7
DPC count (2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (>=4000 µs): 1

Highest ISR routine execution time: 146 µs
Responsible driver: i8042prt.sys (i8042 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation)
ISR count (<250 µs): 366609
ISR count (250-499 µs): 0
ISR count (500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (1000-1999µs): 0
ISR count (>=2000 µs): 0

Highest hard pagefault resolution time: 44145 µs
Responsible process: (, )
Measured hard pagefault count: 4732

As I understand it, is that the responsible process is , haha or what?

Any ideas? I haven't got much understanding of this latency thing, but I think i know how it works (to many interrupts that click my sound and streming)

The Soundcard is RealtekHD and I've recently updated it to the newest driver, with my BIOS and intel VGA driver.

Thanks!

Jon Ingi B.

Solution
On-board audio is often suspect to interference from the system itself. Many components in a typical computer produce some level of RFI (radio frequency interference) and on-board sound is great (not in a good way) of translating that interference into noise/static.

You really have 2 options. Get a discrete sound card (for desktop systems -or - notebooks can add a separate USB sound device as an alternative) or live with the limitations of your particular sound config.

Streaming audio/video, where the stream carries higher quality data often bring these deficiencies to light as the system has to work harder to decode the feature rich data stream. I would imagine that under normal conditions, your system performs just fine.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
On-board audio is often suspect to interference from the system itself. Many components in a typical computer produce some level of RFI (radio frequency interference) and on-board sound is great (not in a good way) of translating that interference into noise/static.

You really have 2 options. Get a discrete sound card (for desktop systems -or - notebooks can add a separate USB sound device as an alternative) or live with the limitations of your particular sound config.

Streaming audio/video, where the stream carries higher quality data often bring these deficiencies to light as the system has to work harder to decode the feature rich data stream. I would imagine that under normal conditions, your system performs just fine.

Solution