BonechillinWoW

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: N/A

Budget Range: N/A

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, photo/video editing, web browsing

Ex: It needs to be able to run WoW, blast music, and be recording the screen with Fraps all at the same time, without lagging the game

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Headset (mic included), monitors, case (i'm using 2 Asus VE278Q and 1 Asus VK278Q with the HAF X blue edition case from cooler master)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca

Country of Origin: I live in canada, that's why I use newegg.ca

Parts Preferences: Asus (Graphics cards, and motherboards) Coolermaster (Power Supply and CPU cooler) Corsair (RAM) no preference for the rest

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 3 1920x1080 resolution monitors

Additional Comments: I plan on using Eyefinity, so it's gonna be quite expensive. Have at it, there's no budget (yet). I was going to buy a high end 12 core mac pro, but then I realized how much more I could get for a custom build with that money. Post your suggestions, as long as it's not a ridiculous $20,000 super computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be using the Razer Naga mouse, Razer Lycosa keyboard, and the Nostromo game pad from Razer.

jackofhearts495

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Hmm. I don't have the time to go through a detailed build, but I have a few suggestions:

Go for 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SuperClocked cards. Since you're going for 3 x 1080p monitors, you'll need that kind of firepower.

To back up that kind of firepower, go for a 900W-1000W SeaSonic and Silverstone. Both are obscenely high quality and will reliably and efficiently power your rig.

Go for 16gb of 1333MHz 1.5v RAM.

Also go for an Intel Core i7 2600K (or, if you wanna save $100, the extremely comparable Core i5 2500K). Cool it with a high quality cooler... probably a water cooler like a Corsair H60, or if you're feeling adventurous, the new H100 (just make sure your case supports a dual-120mm radiator).

As for the motherboard, off the top of my head, I'd recommend a Biostar TP67HX for around $130. If not that, be sure to get a motherboard that has an LGA 1155 socket with a P67 northbridge chipset as well as SATA III and USB3.0 **and SLI compatibility**. I hear the P67 chipset supports SLI wonderfully.

That's about it. Good luck with your build! Bless ya for not having a budget haha