High End Desktop build up in progress...appreciate any help !

pokerchachacha

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Hey,

I decided to replace my old desktop with a High end performing machine. That is what i have in mind:

already bought: ( i live in europe, i will convert the prices from euro to us $, also please note europe is more expensive than the US.)

-G.Skill TridentX DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR3-2400, CL10 (Used on ebay: 130$ )

-Intel i7 4930k ( sealed ebay: 550 $ )

intending to buy:

-another G.Skill TridentX DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR3-2400, CL10 Set
(new 200$ ). Do i need 32gb of RAM? and can i mix it with the used ones already bought?

- 3072MB EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX Cooler Aktiv 03G-P4-2884-KR
( used on ebay, about 600$, seller says only used for videorendering for 4 weeks ....or better to buy new for 800$ ?? )

- Asus ROG Rampage IV Black Edition Intel X79 So.2011 Quad Channel DDR3 EATX Retail (New:500 $)

- 1000GB Samsung 840 Evo Series 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC Toggle (MZ-7TE1T0BW)\
( ebay:sealed 450$ ....i know i could go RAID, but i need to be safe cause of my work.)

Whats missing still:

Case, PSU, and what cooling should i use? Anything else?

Would those components all fit well together and are those prices reasonable?
About the Case or PSU and cooling i really dont know at all.

What windows version would you recommend me? Anything else i need to consoder?

Thank you so much for your time, you guys are awesome.

Whether you need 32GB depends on what you plan to use the computer for. Though even if you do not use that much, you can allocate it as RAMdisk.

As far as matching with your existing kit, you will need to test to find out. Hopefully they can at least work at a lower frequency.

For PSU, get one with a high efficiency rating.

For OS, just get the latest Win 8.

Case just depends what style you like and need. Based on what you have mentioned, a mid-ATX tower is a good fit.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT