Question high end gaming pc can't run some of the easiest games...help please

Aug 13, 2019
hi!
i used to have a pretty crappy pc so a few months ago i decided to upgrade and bought all new parts and built another pc. the problem is it cant run anything and its really frustrating. i cant run some of the easiest games at a steady 60fps on LOW. for example: fortnite, minecraft, gang beasts, apex and literally any other game. UserBenchmark test results told me my computer was performing below expectations and i dont know what to do. something odd ive noticed is that no matter how high or low the settings are, the fps will remain the same .im almost positive everything was put together correctly (ive built over 4 pc's and no others had this problem). its really upsetting because ive put so much money towards this thing and it breaks my heart knowing i cant even use it. ive compared my fps to friends with pcs with lower specs than me and they had no trouble running my favorite games on high at a steady 60fps. if anyone could try to help me out id greatly appreciate it <333

CPU - i7-7700
CPU Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 ESports One
GPU - GTX 1070 FE
MoBo - ASUS ROG STRIX B250G Gaming
RAM - 4x4gb DDR4 2133mhz HyperX Fury
PSU - Corsair CX750
HDD - WD Blue 1tb
SSD - Kingston 120gb

something to note is that i also have psu cable extensions. not sure if that could change anything but better safe than sorry...

Aug 13, 2019
Also did you do a clean OS install on the new hardware or just transplant your old OS onto the new hardware?
Your background CPU usage is high and the cpu isn't boosting which could indicate a thermal issue.
my cpu temp stays in the 50-60 celsius when gaming so im not sure if temps are the problem. and yes it was a clean install of windows 10 pro on my ssd.

You said you had 4-4GB sticks of ram=16GB, should be enough, did you install the drivers from ASUS for your ASUS ROG STRIX B250G Gaming? Sometimes they are better than the default windows drivers. When installing windows 10 there is a bunch of junk you can turn off that can slow you down. There is a "Cary Holzman" optimizer tool they sell that he uses on all his builds.

Aug 13, 2019
You said you had 4-4GB sticks of ram=16GB, should be enough, did you install the drivers from ASUS for your ASUS ROG STRIX B250G Gaming? Sometimes they are better than the default windows drivers. When installing windows 10 there is a bunch of junk you can turn off that can slow you down. There is a "Cary Holzman" optimizer tool they sell that he uses on all his builds.
yeah i downloaded the chipset, lan and audio drives from the asus site.

i had 2x4gb of ram in my old pc so im using that too. same brand and mhz

even though it is the same brand and mhz it is still mixing and matching ram which causes problems like this. they could have different CL timings too which can thropw some things off.

this is why everyone recommends buying ram in kits because every stick in a kit is tested to make sure it gives optimum performance

Aug 13, 2019
even though it is the same brand and mhz it is still mixing and matching ram which causes problems like this. they could have different CL timings too which can thropw some things off.

this is why everyone recommends buying ram in kits because every stick in a kit is tested to make sure it gives optimum performance
oh damn i knew nothing about that. would what you recommend because honestly i dont know which is which, same colors and all.

Aug 13, 2019
Good on the downloads, Do you have your memory in XMP mode?
You could check for memory issues with Memtest 86 http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm
How to https://www.wikihow.com/Test-PC-RAM-with-MemTest86#Using-MemTest86.2B-with-a-USB_sub
I usually run overnight .
i dont even know what xmp mode is so probably not lmao, but okay ill run it overnight tonight and see what happens.
I have a Corsair CX750 also (some say one with the gray label is better made) anyway , what did you mean by "i also have psu cable extensions" the CX 750 is mostly modular an usually long enough cables.
by cable extensions i meant the ones you buy online in different colors, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719Q59YC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
There are two tests you can try:

1) Try running with only one pair of the ram sticks at a time. 8 Gb is still plenty to run games with when you're not running other programs at the same time. Try both pairs independently.

2) If you don't actually need extended power supply cables, try using the standard ones that came with the PSU. If feeling lazy, replace the cables that lead to the GPU first. If the GPU isn't getting enough power it will still run, not not at full speed.

Aug 13, 2019
There are two tests you can try:

1) Try running with only one pair of the ram sticks at a time. 8 Gb is still plenty to run games with when you're not running other programs at the same time. Try both pairs independently.

2) If you don't actually need extended power supply cables, try using the standard ones that came with the PSU. If feeling lazy, replace the cables that lead to the GPU first. If the GPU isn't getting enough power it will still run, not not at full speed.
i still get 100% gpu usage so idk if its that but ill definitely try the RAM. if it doesnt change anything ill try the psu extenstions. btw thank all u guys for the help i rly appreciate it.