High End Gaming Pc having really bad performance

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
My main problem is lag
No matter what settings I use, what game I use (even Vanilla Minecraft does) it lags.

It all started when my CPU temperature hit 88 °C at start, while the ambient temperature was 16 °C
For this reason, CPU fan went to maximum (with an infinitely boring noise), that's the first problem I wish to solve.

The second one, as I wrote up, is that, after doing a Secure Erase with my asus mobo on the SSD, I reinstalled windows and since then I can't play any game at more than 60 FPS (although before I usually played GTA V ultra at 140-100 fps)

My Pc specs are
i7 4790k
Msi 980Ti
16 Gb 2400Mhz
Asus Formula VII
1000w PSU

Please give me a solution, I'm really going out of my mind.

P.S.
When I start Minecraft on a modpack (Ftb Beyond and All The Mods) my cpu use goes straight io to 99-100%
So I think it's an all CPU problem
At last, when it starts it takes a lot of time to load the world and shutters all the way both in Far and Tiny

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
What is your CPU temp in games? If it's not it'll slow down and stutter like hell trying not to cook itself. Download msi afterburner, get to the temps part and then run a game for a bit and see what the max values for CPU temp, you temp and GPU load are.

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

I've a Corsair H110i GT and yes, the thermal paste is the default one.
But I don't really think it is the problem because even at start the processor works bad

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

The temperature stays constantly at 88C in the Bios.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Might be the pump that gave up if the fans are stil turning on that cooler.Can you hear it ? Try to reconnect the cables,maybe even do a bios reset/clear cmos.
If any profile used on the Corsair software try another one more performance orientated.

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
@vic40
The cpu problem came out after a cmos reset
It didn't make any lag before
I tried the bios/cmos reset because of the fans going straight up with no reasons

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
No totally not
Please stop making this useless question, I told you that the processor hasn't any temperature problems, it just shows a wrong temperature

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
@Vic 40 how can I re flash the bios and how can a corruption influence the cpu activity? Isn't it a hardware based issue? And how can the bios get corrupted

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You can download the latest bios file,unpack it (it's zipped),put that unpacked bios file on an sub stick and put that in before starting the pc,start go into the bios/uefi and look for the flash tool,use it,it should recognize the file.Even if it might take a while,don't interrupt.

Other option is ASUS USB BIOS Flashback ,for this you do the same ,but you need to rename the file,steps from your motherboard (?? ,just to be sure),

to use USB BIOS Flashback:
1. Download the latest BIOS file from the ASUS website.
2. Extract and rename the BIOS image file to M7F.CAP
3. Copy M7F.CAP to the root directory of your USB storage device.
4. Turn off the system and connect the USB storage device to the USB BIOS Flashback port.
5. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button.

for port and button to use,

KupGR3T.png

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Since you think that it is a flaw in the bios,since not reporting the right values,did the clear cmos done maybe corrupt the bios in some way (can't say for sure),that's why i suggested flashing the bios.

I can't blame the others for pointing at the cooler.I assume you checked how it is seated? Since not really open to suggestions that point that way ...

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
@Vic 40
Ok for the first part
I'm sure the cooler hasn't any clue
The problem is that the sensor that monitors my pc temperatures shown stationary cpu 88 °C before I reset the CMOS, I reset it because of the strange temperature

AleFa

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015

Tried it and didn't really fix anything
Btw, in the bios screen I see 1333 MHz instead of 2400, as the ram should be, why?