Question High End Monitor Recommendation

Feb 11, 2019
Hello everyone! I have been searching for a monitor that I will be purchasing in the up and coming months and think I need some help making the decision. I'm looking for a monitor that is 1440p, 32" (32" is a minimum as I am so used to it now but if there are others that are similar in size with 16:9 aspect ration then I would be happy to hear about it), has at least 120hz refresh rate and is G-Sync enabled (G-Sync is not a necessity but I would very much like it).
So far the only monitors I have found that meet the criteria is the LG 32GK850G and the Acer Predator Z1 Z321QU.

Primarily this will be used for gaming (both competitive and cinematic/story games) and will be powered by a GTX 1080TI. I will be purchasing from the UK with a budget of around £800 and would prefer main stream brands, however, I am always open to suggestions from lesser known brands.
I would appreciate it if anyone could advise me on any other monitors they know of that would suit my requirements as after a while of searching the above two monitors are the only ones have came across and just wanted to see if I have any other options before purchasing.

Also, I won't be buying this for a couple of months so is it worth waiting for any new monitors that are soon to be released that would a) meet my criteria or b) bring down the price of older monitors?

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019
Nvidia 10xx and 20xx GPUs can do FreeSync now (Since Jan 15). No use investing in a GSync monitor anymore.

Here in the US - Pixio PX329 32" 165Hz FreeSync 1440p VA = $300

Are the 10xx and 20xx series compatible with FreeSync by default? Upon researching it I haven't found anything that says it officially supports; some people have said that they aren't supported at all, whereas others say there are some mod/tweaks you can do to make them work with one another.

EDIT: I've just found this which sums it up nicely:

Thank you @tennis2

Last edited: